Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What is your Chili Recipe?

Featured Replies

Planning on making some this weekend, looking for a new recipe to try. What is your chili recipe?

  • Replies 53
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Different every time but I like it HOT!

Meat, Onions, Chili Powder, Tomato Juice, Pepper Flakes...sometimes noodles or spaghetti.

This is a recipe that I got off the internet years ago. I have tweaked it a lot, but the basic recipe is very flavorful. I usually make it spicier and add spicy sausage to it as well.

 

Kellys Chili Recipe - Food.com

A couple of cans of Gold Star Chili works for me.

Add a little water and I'm a happy guy.

I've not had any in about four years but I used to add tons of cheese once it was in my bowl and hotdog wieners.

Wife makes it, so I don't know the whole recipe. What I do know is that these are the beans that she insists on using.

 

2434a6ab-6589-42b6-8157-d796d1d5cd93_1.f619b0270616282e3767a6297f1f3d3b.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

Wife makes it, so I don't know the whole recipe. What I do know is that these are the beans that she insists on using.

 

2434a6ab-6589-42b6-8157-d796d1d5cd93_1.f619b0270616282e3767a6297f1f3d3b.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

 

You tell her that is what I am using next time.

For a big batch of bowl chili (not for coneys)

 

6qts of Mom's tomato juice

1 onion, julienned

1 green pepper, diced

1 red bell pepper, diced

2lbs ground beef

2lbs ground sausage

6-8 cans chili beans

Several dashes of Red Hot

Crumple up 6 dried chili peppers

 

Season with your choice of garlic, onion salt, black pepper, red pepper, and if you're real adventurous, I'll let you borrow some dried habanero, cayenne, tobasco, serrano and others.

 

Simmer.

Venison, crushed red pepper, chili powder mix, hot rotel tomatos, spicy v8, tomatoes juice, cayenne pepper, tomato paste, black beans, kidney beans and some garlic.

This is a recipe that I got off the internet years ago. I have tweaked it a lot, but the basic recipe is very flavorful. I usually make it spicier and add spicy sausage to it as well.

 

Kellys Chili Recipe - Food.com

 

Made this last night, reminded me of homemade BBQ (manwitch) that my mom use to make. So it would be better on a bun then in a bowl.

Whatever recipe you decide to use, do yourself a big favor. Add beer, not water. Beer is THE main ingredient. And above all, don't use light beer. You're welcome. :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.