Huge Protests Greet G20 Summit in Germany

They're a black bloc group of "anti-fascist" rioters who wear black clothing and anything they can to hide their faces, they associate with anarchism. You've seen them at UC Berkeley.

To name a few other acts of violence/terrorism have they committed besides UC Berkley and this years G20 Summit in Germany, in 2007 during the 33rd G8 summit, a black bloc of 2,000 people built barricades, set cars on fire and attacked the police during a mass demonstration in Rostock. 400 police officers were injured, and also about 500 demonstrators and activists.

During the 2010 G20 Summit in Toronto, a black bloc riot damaged a number of retail locations including an Urban Outfitters, American Apparel, Adidas Store, Starbucks and many banking establishments.

A group of about 400 black bloc demonstrators took part in the 2011 London anti-cuts protest where they attacked various high end retail outlets.

Is Antifa the only "black bloc" out there? Were they specifically responsible for all of these?

I honestly don't know - never heard of the term until I read this thread.

Is Antifa the only "black bloc" out there? Were they specifically responsible for all of these?

Part of the reason you haven't heard of them is the media doesn't report on them. I went down a youtube rabbit hole after the Berkley riot a few months ago. Most of the Black Bloc groups identify as Antifa , but as far as I know they don't have a central leadership that covers all the independent groups across the globe. They have local leadership in different cities. Their main mantra is if you voted for Trump you are a racist and if you are a racist you are Nazi so they are justified in bringing violence on Nazis. Another goal is to elimnate captilism and create a Communist state. They proudly wave old Soviet Union flags. They also have their own Antifa flag that is Red and Black.

Lipton Bash is pretty much spot on from what I know about Black Bloc groups. I can tell you they've been around since the 1980s. I believe they first appeared in West Germany. Not all identify as Antifa, but most we're seeing in places like UC Berkley and the G20 Summit are. In the U.S. and Europe the vast majority are white and male but there is some diversity. Antifa is a particularly violent Black Bloc group. Even within some far left circles many condemn black blockers as being nothing but thugs who want to break things. It's odd to me that much of the MSM won't report about them.

Lipton Bash is pretty much spot on from what I know about Black Bloc groups. I can tell you they've been around since the 1980s. I believe they first appeared in West Germany. Not all identify as Antifa, but most we're seeing in places like UC Berkley and the G20 Summit are. In the U.S. and Europe the vast majority are white and male but there is some diversity. Antifa is a particularly violent Black Bloc group. Even within some far left circles many condemn black blockers as being nothing but thugs who want to break things. It's odd to me that much of the MSM won't report about them.

Actually Antifa started in Europe following WW2. At the time they were pushing back against actual Nazi leftovers.

Actually Antifa started in Europe following WW2. At the time they were pushing back against actual Nazi leftovers.

Antifa the first groups actually fought facism. Now they equate facism to anyone who believes in capitlism or is conservative. If you do not believe in their principles you are a nazi.

I was specifically speaking of Black Bloc (groups of "protesters" who wear black clothing, ski masks, motorcycle helmets or other face concealing items) being around since the 1980s, my apologies for the confusion.