Cinderellas

Anderson County won 5 games last year...beat the defending champs and heavy region favorites South Oldham last night to get to finals. Though they won 20 games this year it's been a huge turnaround from last year and I think fit the Cinderella role.

Anderson County won 5 games last year...beat the defending champs and heavy region favorites South Oldham last night to get to finals. Though they won 20 games this year it's been a huge turnaround from last year and I think fit the Cinderella role.

Cinderella ran out for AC.

Cinderella ran out for AC.

Nice post.:rolleyes:

Two evenly matched teams...AC made several horrible errors, 3-4 on just routine plays/fly balls, that lead to about 6 unearned runs for SK. And SK made 2 fantastic catches...possible home run robbing catch at the fence on a smoked line drive and a fully laid out diving catch by the right fielder, and both plays saved 3-4 runs from being scored. If AC just plays average defense, they win. If SK doesn't make two outstanding defensive plays that odds are the players wouldn't make most of the time, AC probably wins even with all the errors. Unfortunately for AC none of those things happened. The way it goes sometimes and SK advances. Congrats to them.

AC should send a thank you note to South for holding Will. Coaching gaffe to the max.

Sent it right after the game.:up:

The AC coaches were...I'd say more than shocked that he didn't get the pill, to say the least.

Nice post.:rolleyes:

Two evenly matched teams...AC made several horrible errors, 3-4 on just routine plays/fly balls, that lead to about 6 unearned runs for SK. And SK made 2 fantastic catches...possible home run robbing catch at the fence on a smoked line drive and a fully laid out diving catch by the right fielder, and both plays saved 3-4 runs from being scored. If AC just plays average defense, they win. If SK doesn't make two outstanding defensive plays that odds are the players wouldn't make most of the time, AC probably wins even with all the errors. Unfortunately for AC none of those things happened. The way it goes sometimes and SK advances. Congrats to them.

Completely agree with everything in this post except one thing. The SK outfielders make those plays the majority of the time. Taylor in left and Gangwish in right can track balls like nobody's business. Not to say that they weren't spectacular plays or saying that they were routine but those 2 can do it night in and night out. If the ball is hit in either one of their directions I will take odds that they make those types of plays more often than not. Great season to AC and a fabulous turnaround from last year. I was very impressed with their offense. Unfortunately not so much with their pitching and defense but I have no idea what they spent pitching-wise to get to the final game.

Completely agree with everything in this post except one thing. The SK outfielders make those plays the majority of the time. Taylor in left and Gangwish in right can track balls like nobody's business. Not to say that they weren't spectacular plays or saying that they were routine but those 2 can do it night in and night out. If the ball is hit in either one of their directions I will take odds that they make those types of plays more often than not. Great season to AC and a fabulous turnaround from last year. I was very impressed with their offense. Unfortunately not so much with their pitching and defense but I have no idea what they spent pitching-wise to get to the final game.

Nice diving catch from Gangwish from what I seen of the pictures.