State Record Watch

Got ya. Any reason why that would be? That's crap in my opinion.

Probably because most if not almost all states do not allow middle school athletes to play any high school sports so by just having stats from 9-12 puts all on an equal playing field. I do think they should count on state record since all KY schools can play middle school students.

It does, in Kentucky. If someone is good enough to compete at the varsity level in Arizona as an 8th grader but isn't allowed to, you aren't comparing apples to apples when you rank people across all states.

It does, in Kentucky. If someone is good enough to compete at the varsity level in Arizona as an 8th grader but isn't allowed to, you aren't comparing apples to apples when you rank people across all states.

Then as far as I'm concerned that's on AZ because there is no national rule that forbids middle school kids from playing most varsity sports...might be a national rule concerning football, lacrosse, sports like that, but I don't know for sure. As someone stated above, if one is good enough to play varsity and not just compete but actually excel as a middle schooler, more power to them and anything they do stats wise should be counted.

It's just an apples to apples comparison, is all. How many HRs did a kid hit from 9th to 12th grade. I'm sure someone could compile a separate list of kids who hit HRs at the varsity level, regardless of what grade they were in.

Anderson County's Bailey Curry had 11 HRs thru 27 games and homered against Henry, giving her at least 12.

If that's the case, her career total is at least 74.

Peyton would need 24 and Tow would need 22 to force a tie.

She also homered in the 8th region final against Collins. I believe that John Herndon said she finished with 75.