State Record Watch

Madisonville North seniors Kaylee Tow and Mallory Peyton, are both coming close to a state record. Tow has 19 HR's and Peyton has 18 to her credit. I believe the state record is 20. I know they should be close also on all-time HR's for a career. I'll try to check and update you guys.

Tow owns the All-Time Runs Scored category, coming into the season only 3 behind the then career leader.

Career Runs Scored

(Min. 175)

272 Kelsey McGuffin (Central Hardin) 2010-15

269 Kaylee Tow (Madisonville-North Hopkins) 2012-

Here are the Home Run Records, not including this years totals........

Career Home Runs

(Min. 18)

62 Bailey Curry (Anderson County) 2011-

55 Amber Riddle (Rowan County) 2004-09

52 Kaylee Tow (Madisonville-North Hopkins) 2012-

50 Mallory Peyton (Madisonville-North Hopkins) 2011-

Season Home Runs

(Min. 12)

20 Bailey Curry (Anderson County) 2015

19 Kaylee Tow (Madisonville-North Hopkins) 2015

19 Bailey Curry (Anderson County) 2014

19 Amber Riddle (Rowan County) 2008

18 Megan Hensley (Ashland Blazer) 2015

18 Rachel Ayer (Meade County) 2014

18 Mallory Peyton (Madisonville-North Hopkins) 2014

Here's an offbeat one for you guys:

Bethlehem junior Kirsten Crepps was hit by pitches twice in her team's opening-round 5th Region loss to Hart Co. on Monday.

That brought her season total for being hit by a pitch to 21, second-most in a single season in state history.

It also brought her career total for HBPs to 43, just 9 behind the record. She's been starting since the seventh grade but only started really showing these Don Baylor-esque tendencies last year.

Here's an offbeat one for you guys:

Bethlehem junior Kirsten Crepps was hit by pitches twice in her team's opening-round 5th Region loss to Hart Co. on Monday.

That brought her season total for being hit by a pitch to 21, second-most in a single season in state history.

It also brought her career total for HBPs to 43, just 9 behind the record. She's been starting since the seventh grade but only started really showing these Don Baylor-esque tendencies last year.

#disrespect?

Curry also has several home runs she hit as an 8th grader for varsity not being counted in her total I'm hearing. Any reason why this would be?

All the home runs she has hit do count towards the KHSAA but any that she hit while in middle school even with her playing varsity do not count towards the national record.

All the home runs she has hit do count towards the KHSAA but any that she hit while in middle school even with her playing varsity do not count towards the national record.

Got ya. Any reason why that would be? That's crap in my opinion.