Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coaching Attire?

Featured Replies

I have seen countless travel coaches and some high school coaches wearing hats at their basketball games?

 

Do you think high schools should have a coaching dress code for all of their staff? I have seen jeans, hoodies, sweatpants and hats?

 

 

What are your thoughts

  • Replies 30
  • Views 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Travel coaches are different.....they are weekend warriors. I don't think it is a big deal for them to dress down. Would seem over the top if they dressed up? I think high school coaches should be held to a little higher standard.....not necessarily shirt and tie every night.....but a nice polo and pants should be the norm.

Travel coaches are whatever goes as long as it's not inappropriate. High school coaches should dress a little better, IMO.

A Mock turtle neck is the only way to go!

I have seen countless travel coaches and some high school coaches wearing hats at their basketball games?

 

Do you think high schools should have a coaching dress code for all of their staff? I have seen jeans, hoodies, sweatpants and hats?

 

 

What are your thoughts

 

HS coach should never wear a hat in a regular season game. If we are talking summer then I think it is different.

 

As far as travel coaches, you never know what they may have on.

HS coach should never wear a hat in a regular season game. If we are talking summer then I think it is different.

 

As far as travel coaches, you never know what they may have on.

 

I agree.

White sweater, black dickey, cargo pants, loafers but no socks. Cousin Eddie ensemble.

Where in the world are you watching a high school game where a coach is wearing a baseball hat...........because I want to go & see this. :lol:

 

travel teams, meh on the dresscode for the most part.

^

And on the bench, coach Ron Everhart prays for his sight to be restored.

Hats worn indoors was once a no-no from an etiquette standpoint. That rule has since gone the way of the carburetor. Still see no need for anyone coaching in a gym to have a hat on during a "game", but okay.

 

Hate the jeans look. My man, Jim Leon, rocked them for years, but it's a bad look when coaching anything other than bowling.

 

In actual AAU sanctioned events, they have a dress code, and they enforce it.

Are we talkin baseball cap, fedora, raspberry beret? A nice cowboy hat in black never disappoints.

My comment on this thread is that if a coach is making it about them by standing out and taking attention away from their kids, then their motives should be questioned. Kinda why I love Bobby Huggins, could care less what he wears, he wants to be comfortable and win.

I have seen countless travel coaches and some high school coaches wearing hats at their basketball games?

 

Do you think high schools should have a coaching dress code for all of their staff? I have seen jeans, hoodies, sweatpants and hats?

 

 

What are your thoughts

 

I dont care what they wear ( short of a Speedo maybe) as long as they are teaching the kids the fundamentals of the game and are upstanding people.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.