Coaching Attire?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My comment on this thread is that if a coach is making it about them by standing out and taking attention away from their kids, then their motives should be questioned. Kinda why I love Bobby Huggins, could care less what he wears, he wants to be comfortable and win.

....love me some Huggs.

His attire IMO is perfectly fine IMO, too. Agreed.

• 1 month later...

Coaches set the tone and reinforce the culture of their program. Wearing a hat - even in the summer? Seriously?

Take a shower, brush your hair, put on your team's polo, and coach.

In short - demonstrate the same modicum of self-respect and preparation you want to see from your players.

I'm cool with shorts in the summer, BTW.

We talking travel/summer ball, correct? I've seen coaches in tank tops and flip flops, ready to hit the lake after the game. Many a hat too...I've rocked a hat during summer ball and I'm sure I will again. As long as it's nothing "inappropriate", (a woman coach in a bikini for example) then go for it.

Guest fogdog.com

These days about anything goes for a coach, now the principals wear jeans and baseball hats to the games as they want to look cool. No one knows who is in charge anymore. They should all take a look at Coach Cal and see how professional he and his staff come to a game.

These days about anything goes for a coach, now the principals wear jeans and baseball hats to the games as they want to look cool. No one knows who is in charge anymore. They should all take a look at Coach Cal and see how professional he and his staff come to a game.

Let's do ourselves a favor and not compare HS coaches to Cal. Unless, of course, there's a coach out there who can afford to sweat through a $5K suit.

This thread is hilarious to me.

1) We're talking about summer scrimmages. Not a game! not a game, scrimmages. If this bothers you, what a your thoughts on players who don't wear team shorts to scrimmages? Or what about not wearing team shoes during the regular season?

2) Dudes are protective of their hairline, and during the summer will take necessary measures to cover it up. Let them live.

3) Odd that this particular thread ended up in the Girls forum, but I'm not one to get into social issues.

4) WE'RE TALKING ABOUT SCRIMMAGES!!!

I with the Bob Huggins and Bobby Knight dress code philosophy; Dockers and nice team polo or vest over a collar shirt.

IMO: Coaches that wear fancy suits or clothes either in HS or college are saying" look at me, I need attention because it's about me".

I with the Bob Huggins and Bobby Knight dress code philosophy; Dockers and nice team polo or vest over a collar shirt.

IMO: Coaches that wear fancy suits or clothes either in HS or college are saying" look at me, I need attention because it's about me".

Or, you know, "I really like these bright orange pants and I truly couldn't care less what anyone has to say about them."

Quite obviously you are not a Mountaineer Fan, because that is not Ron Everhart, but Bobby Hahn! Huggy looks good for the gold rush game!

My IQ drops off substantially on most things NE of Greenup County. Took my best uneducated guess. Coach Huggs rocks whatever he wears. Go Mountaineers! :D