NKU Student Faked Cancer?

I know someone who ran into this young lady recently. She was very thin, bald and in a wheelchair. She certainly looked the part.

Sounds like she is getting the mental health she needs. I know the girl wasn't living with her parents, and apparently had distanced herself from them but I can't imagine that they didn't try to talk to her doctors. She lived with another family, how could they not know? Someone had to take her to her treatments, pick up prescriptions, etc. I find it impossible to believe she pulled this off by herself.

As someone in the mental health field, I am a strong believer that having a mental illness usually does not excuse criminal actions. She should get th help she needs, but also face the consequences.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People keep mentioning she's mentally ill. What does she suffer from?

Without knowing more it's impossible to answer that, but there's a number it could be. Histrionic Personality Disorder is the first one that comes to my mind. More common than Munchausen Syndrome which was also mentioned in this thread but that is obviously a possibility as well. I'm definitely not excusing the behavior, but being at least a little familiar with her family situation as well as aware of the high likelihood of mental illness I would hesitate to jump in with the pitchforks and torches. This girl is no Madoff.

Without knowing more it's impossible to answer that, but there's a number it could be. Histrionic Personality Disorder is the first one that comes to my mind. More common than Munchausen Syndrome which was also mentioned in this thread but that is obviously a possibility as well. I'm definitely not excusing the behavior, but being at least a little familiar with her family situation as well as aware of the high likelihood of mental illness I would hesitate to jump in with the pitchforks and torches. This girl is no Madoff.

There is no excuse for faking cancer. Period.

There is no excuse for faking cancer. Period.

Making a mockery of all those who have suffered, died, or lives changed forever by this dreaded disease, in addition to breaking the law.

She needs to take the heat for this. No sympathy until she does.

She does need to be punished. She also needs help/rehabilitation for the mental disorder that caused her to live such a big lie. I've watched her grow up as the years gone by and I am more saddened than anything. This is an absolute tragedy, especially because I have people in my life battling cancer right now. I don't see how it's possible to "bounce back" from something like this, but I hope and pray she comes to better terms with reality soon.

I'm telling you guys, karma is going to bite her and it'll be well-deserved IMO.
Come on man, you can't wish cancer on someone. You're better than that. I agree it's a major foul what she did, but she will pay the price for it.

Come on man, you can't wish cancer on someone. You're better than that. I agree it's a major foul what she did, but she will pay the price for it.

I'm not wishing it on her. I can see that's how my post could be taken, but that wasn't my intent. Karma has a way of biting people is all I'm saying. And if it does, I'm not going to feel the least bit sorry for her. Not even a little bit.

I'm not wishing it on her. I can see that's how my post could be taken, but that wasn't my intent. Karma has a way of biting people is all I'm saying. And if it does, I'm not going to feel the least bit sorry for her. Not even a little bit.
I would.

Day 1?! The story just broke yesterday! :lol2:

So this is what we're doing ? Wiretap, surveillance....wipe clean, you mean like with a cloth......

I'm pretty sure you get the point....you do get the point right honey ?

Is everyone here an expert on mental disorders? Is it so hard to believe that she may just be a cold-hearted scammer with a devious criminal mind that set up this elaborate scheme? Do all criminals have mental disorders?

Not everyone but I know of 2 that have responded that yes, are experts in mental disorders.