John Higgins Speaks Out

TheDeuce

It just sucks that so many people form their opinions on UK fans as a whole off the ignorant actions of such a small %....

It would probably help if the coach didn't start his post-game press conference complaining about the officials. Between that and all the idiot fans, it's easy to understand why the picture would be painted how it is.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would probably help if the coach didn't start his post-game press conference complaining about the officials. Between that and all the idiot fans, it's easy to understand why the picture would be painted how it is.

Agree with this, but how many other times have you seen coaches do this after a tough loss and nobody goes over the top on the actual officials ?

I'm a huge UK fan...season tix, tattoos and all....this is wrong and I'm still not sure if I'm more ashamed of the fringe fan base or Ashley Judd going off the rails....

...I guess I got 7 months to think about it

180 degrees out from Mark Few in his post-game presser.

Good point. Cal helped to incite the harassment. I know he was upset but you have to be careful what you say when your emotions are still running high.

Good point. Cal helped to incite the harassment. I know he was upset but you have to be careful what you say when your emotions are still running high.

Calipari didn't incite this type of behavior at all. Pinning any of this on Calipari, and people who didn't do anything (but maybe thought it) is stupid. Should only be pinned on the fools that did it.

Poooooor John . Maybe he will think twice before screwing over a team again . No I don't condone death threats but telling the guy publicaly he's a crook . I don't have too much issue with that .. you can't contact the NCAA , they sent the guy to call the game knowing he has issues with Cal and Ky .

What gets me is that some of the supposed bad calls he made were good calls IMO or at least certainly debatable - not clear cut bad calls. Others were calls he did not even make - other refs did and he got the blame. It takes a special kind of stupid to try to ruin the guy's business because of the way he reffed the game...

I hope they give him Carolina/Kentucky next year

I actually agree IF the game is not at Rupp. If it is at a neutral site or at Chapel Hill, I agree. You CANNOT reward people for bad behavior. If you don't let him ref UK games again, you are saying that if a coach or team or fan base complains about a ref, they can make it so they don't get him any longer. You would have people doing this often if they think that is all you have to do to not have him ref your team again. I would not let him ref at Rupp next year because with some of the whack jobs in Lexington, he literally could get hurt. Not worth it. I am NOT saying that all UK fans are whack jobs but we all know there are some and it only takes one.