April 6, 20179 yr Author Well I listen to Mike and Mike in the mornings everyday on my drive into work and for the first 2 hours at work and they for one discussed it a lot the next day. It was also brought up on sportscenter the next day. I don't watch a lot such as Fox Sports shows everyday or anything else after Mike and Mike except some SC and they all tralked about the officiating from that game the next day. Now sure what more you want. If it wasn't a big deal or even a topic outside the Bluegrass then I doubt it would even be talked about still. I'm talking specifically about Higgins. That's who this thread is about. You said, specifically, that Higgins sucks. Mike and Mike talked about Higgins specifically, or the officiating in general?
April 6, 20179 yr I'm talking specifically about Higgins. That's who this thread is about. You said, specifically, that Higgins sucks. Mike and Mike talked about Higgins specifically, or the officiating in general? They talked about the officiating in the game. They didn't name any official the next day by name and neither did I. I don't know who any officials are outside TV Teddy Valentine. I didn't know the majority of the blown and bad calls were Higgins until I saw the 5 minute long video on the bad calls from the game and the radio announcers for the game spoke the officials name on the air. so yes, John Higgins was horrible.
April 6, 20179 yr Author I didn't know the majority of the blown and bad calls were Higgins until I saw the 5 minute long video on the bad calls from the game and the radio announcers for the game spoke the officials name on the air. so yes, John Higgins was horrible. If that's what you're basing your opinions on, you should have said that from the start. :lol:
April 6, 20179 yr If that's what you're basing your opinions on, you should have said that from the start. :lol:Sorry, I thought everyone on here talking about him saw the video that was posted on here. I took it for granted that everyone knew it was Higgins who made the majority of the bad calls etc. Especially the most blatant call on Willis that Higgins made when his back was to the play and still blew the whistle on Willis.
April 6, 20179 yr Author Sorry, I thought everyone on here talking about him saw the video that was posted on here. I took it for granted that everyone knew it was Higgins who made the majority of the bad calls etc. Especially the most blatant call on Willis that Higgins made when his back was to the play and still blew the whistle on Willis. The loose ball foul? I agree it could have gone uncalled, but it wasn't bad. Had they called that on the UNC player no one would have said a word. That's one by Higgins. What else?
April 6, 20179 yr The loose ball foul? I agree it could have gone uncalled, but it wasn't bad. Had they called that on the UNC player no one would have said a word. That's one by Higgins. What else? Go watch the video if you haven't seen it yet, I'm not going back and forth all day simply because you want to disagree. I have better things to do which I'm sure you do to. Let me find the video clip for you so you don't have to search for it and I will post the link for you.
April 6, 20179 yr Sorry, I thought everyone on here talking about him saw the video that was posted on here. I took it for granted that everyone knew it was Higgins who made the majority of the bad calls etc. Especially the most blatant call on Willis that Higgins made when his back was to the play and still blew the whistle on Willis. I posted about the video and the first two whistle weren't even Higgins. To say that his back was turned on the Willis foul is just ludicrous! He is in C and his responsibility is sideline to sideline so it's not "Blatant". Has many have tried to say he graded out at the top, hence 8th final four but we wouldn't want facts to get in the way of our opinion.
April 6, 20179 yr I posted about the video and the first two whistle weren't even Higgins. To say that his back was turned on the Willis foul is just ludicrous! He is in C and his responsibility is sideline to sideline so it's not "Blatant". Has many have tried to say he graded out at the top, hence 8th final four but we wouldn't want facts to get in the way of our opinion.I was going off of what the announcers said, as I stated earlier, I don't know any of the officials except for TV Teddy Valentine so I couldn't pick them out of a lineup if my life depended on it, I was going off of the announcers in the video, which by the way has been removed for some reason. I take it it's because of the investigation. anyway Wireman originally posted it here but it has been removed by Vimeo Just going to leave this here for research purposes: John Higgins Sabotage of Kentucky on Vimeo Now I still find it curious and actually thankful for the game because of that we learned that for a coach who has won 89% of his games or around there, the games Higgins officiates of UK he Cal is something like 3-12 ro something ungodly like that lol. You may as well as Duece may think he's a great ref, I wouldn't expect any non UK fans to think otherwise as they are always rooting against UK so why not be glad to see UK lose, just as I am glad everytime Duke loses, but you speak of facts, I let the numbers be the facts for my point. Now back to the topic, anyone who even makes any type of threat against Higgins, or his family or his business, I hope are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. People need to realize sports is simply entertainment, that is all, it's not life and there are more important things than who wins a game.
April 6, 20179 yr I'm a UK, but am old school and don't blame others ...UK 9-19 on FT's, out rebounded by 10 and on 10 less turnovers couldn't convert.
April 6, 20179 yr I was going off of what the announcers said, as I stated earlier, I don't know any of the officials except for TV Teddy Valentine so I couldn't pick them out of a lineup if my life depended on it, I was going off of the announcers in the video, which by the way has been removed for some reason. I take it it's because of the investigation. anyway Wireman originally posted it here but it has been removed by Vimeo Now I still find it curious and actually thankful for the game because of that we learned that for a coach who has won 89% of his games or around there, the games Higgins officiates of UK he Cal is something like 3-12 ro something ungodly like that lol. You may as well as Duece may think he's a great ref, I wouldn't expect any non UK fans to think otherwise as they are always rooting against UK so why not be glad to see UK lose, just as I am glad everytime Duke loses, but you speak of facts, I let the numbers be the facts for my point. Now back to the topic, anyone who even makes any type of threat against Higgins, or his family or his business, I hope are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. People need to realize sports is simply entertainment, that is all, it's not life and there are more important things than who wins a game. Ok, 80% wins versus the number you threw out, again opinion over fact and you didn't respond to any specifics about video...also, no concrete evidence for your claim Higgins as it "out" for UK. How do you prove that? Btw, let's go 3-12 in UK games Higgins has done...so he's had 15 of UK's games. So if he wasn't worth his salt you think maybe after 3-6, 3-7, 3-9, 3-10 in UK games something would be done? Guarantee though Cal can't scratch he could have his AD make a call to Collins and maybe request he not be on a UK game but with 15 games obviously he doesn't do that.
April 6, 20179 yr Also, not opinion but fact. College coach complained about a game Higgins was in. Assignor said ok I will take him out of your game and put him on another. Coach said " oh no don't do that"....would rather he be on the game!
April 6, 20179 yr Author the games Higgins officiates of UK he Cal is something like 3-12 ro something ungodly like that lol. You may as well as Duece may think he's a great ref, I wouldn't expect any non UK fans to think otherwise as they are always rooting against UK so why not be glad to see UK lose, just as I am glad everytime Duke loses, but you speak of facts, I let the numbers be the facts for my point. It's 3-5. So at least use the right numbers. All of the five games were against Top 5, quality opponents. Maybe those teams were just better?
April 6, 20179 yr It's 3-5. So at least use the right numbers. All of the five games were against Top 5, quality opponents. Maybe those teams were just better? NO way that's possible. Has to be the referee's fault.
April 6, 20179 yr It's 3-5. So at least use the right numbers. All of the five games were against Top 5, quality opponents. Maybe those teams were just better? Are we really going to let the facts get in the way of this narrative? Top games get top crews! Much easier to believe a conspiracy by the assignor and Higgins to make sure that UK does not win these games.
April 6, 20179 yr It's 3-5. So at least use the right numbers. All of the five games were against Top 5, quality opponents. Maybe those teams were just better? That works. I was going off the top if my head and is why I said there about. It's all good. I am not a fan and thought unfortunately the officiating had too big of an impact especially in the first half. Second half I thought was much better. That is all. You disagree which is fine too.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.