Scott/Bowling Green predictions

Scott vs. Bowling Green (Sweet 16 Semifinals)  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Scott vs. Bowling Green (Sweet 16 Semifinals)

• Scott (23-12)
    • Bowling Green (34-2)

BG is coming off a huge win. Surely they won't overlook the Eagles. It is the semis. If they do, that could get them. The only way I see. My guess is Jake is no surprise now. BG has way more talent team wise.

If Jake was a surprise to anyone before the tournament then they don't pay a whole lot of attention to begin with or they have blinders on for their specific area

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BG is def the favorite but Jake can make their life miserable. I also don't think everyone is giving credit to the rest of the team. All the kids can play.

When you have someone of Jakes unique ability, he is going to give you trouble. If he doesn't get into foul trouble then this game could be more entertaining than you think. But to think you can just shut him down is a death blow for any team that believes that

If Jake was a surprise to anyone before the tournament then they don't pay a whole lot of attention to begin with or they have blinders on for their specific area

I don't necessarily agree with this sentiment. It's almost impossible to know about every good player across the entire state.

I don't necessarily agree with this sentiment. It's almost impossible to know about every good player across the entire state.

I stand with my statement. If you are unaware, haven't heard of or surprised by a kid averaging 28 pts , 8 rebs and shooting 53% from the field, then you simply aren't paying attention to the state

If you think it's a kid with embellished numbers, then again, you aren't paying attention

Now days it's very easy to find what certain kids are doing from around the state with the technology we have at our disposal

I stand with my statement. If you are unaware, haven't heard of or surprised by a kid averaging 28 pts , 8 rebs and shooting 53% from the field, then you simply aren't paying attention to the state

If you think it's a kid with embellished numbers, then again, you aren't paying attention

Now days it's very easy to find what certain kids are doing from around the state with the technology we have at our disposal

I agree it is easy, but most people are casual fans across the state. I am much more familiar with players in the 8th, 9th, and 10the regions than the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. Most people also don't have the time to watch games of every team. Lots of very good players that never even get what Jake is getting and that is an opportunity with a large captive audience.

Coaches probably know about him and good players but I doubt a 1st region coach studied him at all. Too busy worrying about who they play.

I agree it is easy, but most people are casual fans across the state. I am much more familiar with players in the 8th, 9th, and 10the regions than the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. Most people also don't have the time to watch games of every team. Lots of very good players that never even get what Jake is getting and that is an opportunity with a large captive audience.

Coaches probably know about him and good players but I doubt a 1st region coach studied him at all. Too busy worrying about who they play.

This.

It's one thing to see highlights, stats and read posts about him. Whole other ballgame to see it live in the flesh on the floor of Rupp Arena. I recall the whole state being surprised about Jarrod Polson back in 2009.

I`m not going to write them off yet. Yes one would tend to think the Purples will roll in this one and they should. But I also know we have all seen stranger things happen in the sweet 16. It`s hard to measure a players heart and Jake Ohmer seems to be on a mission.

My wife caught me on the phone at 3am...she asked who I was talking to...I said Jake from Scott High...she snatched the phone from me and said...what are you wearing Jake from Scott High...Jake simply stated a cape!!

Hilarious!