2017/2018 8th Region

I think it's going to be an exciting year again in the 8th region. Collins has looked very good during the summer, but they are playing a completely different style than they did last year. I think there are several teams that have a shot this coming season. The region should be very competitive. I can't wait for it to start.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owen Co. represented the small schools very well a couple yra ago. And they were also from the 8th. With WV and Anderson Co. getting invites is it safe to say one of these two will be preseason favorites in the 8th? Alot of ppl on here still seem to like Collins. I personally think Turner will be a big loss for them.

Got to watch several events in the past several weeks. Rick Bolus Camp and Next up recruits camp. Cobe Penny looks the best I have ever seen him. Short stocky guard from Walton Verona that is going to be a senior (can't remember his name) was very impressive. If Penny plays this year like I have seen him play this summer then he is hands down the best player in the region.

Got to watch several events in the past several weeks. Rick Bolus Camp and Next up recruits camp. Cobe Penny looks the best I have ever seen him. Short stocky guard from Walton Verona that is going to be a senior (can't remember his name) was very impressive. If Penny plays this year like I have seen him play this summer then he is hands down the best player in the region.

Good to hear, A.C. needs that to get out of a tough 8th. 2 runner up finishes @ the region have me feeling like they're on a mission to get to Rupp. WV has the deeper team but Penny is the best player.

I saw a tweet from Jason Franks earlier today announcing the KOB field. Walton will be participating against some stiff competition.

I said at last year's 8th Region Tournament that WV needed to upgrade their schedule and I figured Brannen would. They are deep and talented.

Not quite so fast my friend. Penny is the best player in the region based upon statistics from previous years. Don't underestimate Miles. He is still only 15, has grown to be about 6 9, and is playing with Louisville Magic in July. I have a feeling you will be hearing a lot more about him very very soon!

Not quite so fast my friend. Penny is the best player in the region based upon statistics from previous years. Don't underestimate Miles. He is still only 15, has grown to be about 6 9, and is playing with Louisville Magic in July. I have a feeling you will be hearing a lot more about him very very soon!

He might be improved, and he might be the best player someday...but it won't be this year.

Not basing my opinion on previous years statistics. As I mentioned in the thread--this is based upon what he is doing this summer on the AAU circuit and what he did at the Next Up Recruits camps two weeks ago. That Next Up Recruits camp had every elite player that you can imagine in the state and from other states. He was one of the best players there and made the all star team. Penny didn't impress me last year, but he is a different player from what I have seen. The higher level offers coming in for him are proof of it. If this Miles player is playing for the Louisville Magic then he no doubt must be good, but to give you an example--Amhad Price from Fern Creek didn't make the top 20 all star game at the Next UP Recruits Camp, but Penny did. Anybody that was there witnessed the most loaded camp hands down in Kentucky. Penny was one of the top performers there. My opinion is based upon the current situation.

Hope to see a couple Walton Verona games this season, Grant Brannen has a very talented bunch.

He sure does. The preseason #1 team in the 8th region IMO and I bet most people will be thinking the same thing.

• 3 weeks later...