Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2017/2018 8th Region

Featured Replies

  • Replies 157
  • Views 49.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon Kenton over WV.

 

So SK loses Hawkins and Sergent (24ppg combined) and WV loses Anderson/Moran (10ppg combined) and at one point in the District tournament WV was up by about 20 points before SK made a comeback. Seems like SK has a lot more to replace than WV does and SK finished last place in district with a first round loss.

I'm going to say Anderson County will have another very strong team coming back with Penny, Pitman, and Gritton. I think Collins will be good again. They lose two outstanding players, but return McKnight, Feltner, Fort, along with some good young talent that will mature some. I also think Oldham and Walton Verona will have nice teams. Spencer County could be a sleeper. I apologize if I misspelled any names.

I was really impressed with Feltner in the sweet 16. Very nice player.

We played on HLB AAU a few years back with Feltner, Pittman, Allison from CAL, Howard from Fern Creek, Brown from Male, Johnson from North Bullitt and a guy from St X. Feltner and Pittman good players and good kids. They had a good coach named Dale Easley.

So SK loses Hawkins and Sergent (24ppg combined) and WV loses Anderson/Moran (10ppg combined) and at one point in the District tournament WV was up by about 20 points before SK made a comeback. Seems like SK has a lot more to replace than WV does and SK finished last place in district with a first round loss.

 

SK beat Walton in regular season ans return alot of good players.

Yes SK beat WV the first week of December. I would say the district tournament is a little more accurate than first week of December. Like I said, SK loses ALOT more than WV does and WV has some really nice young pieces coming up as well. Should be a very good district next year.

Walton could win the 8th. I heard Williamstown coach who left is going to be an assistant coach. Also possible 2 really good transfers coming to Walton.

Transfers???? To an All A School??? Let me guess.... For the Love of the Game.

I think SK and WV matchup well and could easily split wins again this year but they should both advance out of Districts into the Region. My guess is that the big 8th grader in the Ryle system could be a transfer as his dad went to WV and I believe he coached their too - purely a guess!

 

Collins will be solid and I would never count out Oldham.

 

The 8th has some good teams!

1. Oldham

2. Anderson

3. Walton

4. Collins

5. Simon Kenton

6. Spencer

7. South Oldham

8. North Oldham

9. Gallatin

10.Williamstown

You guy see now why I don't even think about my pre-season rankings until summer, transfers, injury's and coaching shakes out. Way to early folks, like the excitement....

1. Oldham

2. Anderson

3. Walton

4. Collins

5. Simon Kenton

6. Spencer

7. South Oldham

8. North Oldham

9. Gallatin

10.Williamstown

 

I would say Anderson Co. would be my pre-season favorite with W.V. a close second but it's so early who knows. Who does OC have coming back? Someone on here mentioned they thought their best player graduated.

Also, Carroll Co. started a freshman and had an 8th grader average 5-6 ppg. Haven't seen them play but will deff check them out next season. Who knows who will come out of that district with Carroll Co, Owen Co., Henry Co, Eminence, and Gall. Co.

I would say Anderson County has to be the favorite with all that they have returning.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.