Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2017/2018 8th Region

Featured Replies

I've heard Kelly has put up some big games this off-season.

 

Yes he had a great summer playing AAU ball. He has a great shot at becoming one of the best to play for the Pioneers.

  • Replies 157
  • Views 49.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard Kelly has put up some big games this off-season.

 

Niece scored 50 points tonight at the Nationals in a game they won 103 to 102 in overtime.

Scoring 40+ is always impressive. Doing it in aau with no defense taints the accomplishment. However, still impressive.

Scoring 40+ is always impressive. Doing it in aau with no defense taints the accomplishment. However, still impressive.

 

Did it in the Nationals finished 3rd place.

Spencer will be decent but the size of their guards is going to be an issue. They have skill but will have a hard time guarding the bigger more mature guards. Also not real sure they can compete inside as well.

Spencer will be decent but the size of their guards is going to be an issue. They have skill but will have a hard time guarding the bigger more mature guards. Also not real sure they can compete inside as well.

 

I would agree with that assessment, I saw them play a couple of times in Louisville this summer, bigger athletic guards gave them problems.

Spencer will be decent but the size of their guards is going to be an issue. They have skill but will have a hard time guarding the bigger more mature guards. Also not real sure they can compete inside as well.

 

I would agree with your assessment, however, Spencer plays very good help defense. While their guards are small (three of them are freshmen) they are very fast and all can shoot lights out. That could be an issue for alot of teams. Their junior guard Seawright has also had a good summer and actually has decent size. I actually think their inside game may be better than last year. Jacob Coke had a great summer and the transfer from PRP has good size. I know first hand that the guards are putting all the work that they can to get stronger. Probably a year away. The experience that those guards got as 8th graders should make a big difference this year. They aren't intimidated. That's for sure. In my opinion--the key to Spencer this year lies with Jacob Coke. If he plays like he did over the summer then they have a very good shot to make some serious noise. We will see.

Now that summer AAU ball is over I am going to change my pick for top team in the region. I had previously said Anderson County, but I now feel like Collins will be that team. They don't have size, but have some very good players. I think Collins would beat Anderson County head to head. Still think Cobe Penny is the best player in the region. Stinks for my Spencer County Bears to be in a loaded district, but thats just the way things are. The 30th is LOADED.

Now that summer AAU ball is over I am going to change my pick for top team in the region. I had previously said Anderson County, but I now feel like Collins will be that team. They don't have size, but have some very good players. I think Collins would beat Anderson County head to head. Still think Cobe Penny is the best player in the region. Stinks for my Spencer County Bears to be in a loaded district, but thats just the way things are. The 30th is LOADED.

 

Collins can shoot lights out. They play a tough style to defend. But man I saw Cobe a couple of times this summer and he is on par to light the region up this year. Should be a lot of fun in the region

Collins can shoot lights out. They play a tough style to defend. But man I saw Cobe a couple of times this summer and he is on par to light the region up this year. Should be a lot of fun in the region

 

Saw Cobe also, he was good!!

Wow, some have said AC, many think WV, Spencer will be very competitive, SK has been mentioned, now someone brings up Collins, and I haven't even brought up the Oldham schools. And 2 teams out of OC, Henry Co, Carroll Co., Gallatin Co., Eminence will make it to the region next March. What a fun and loaded yr it should be in the 8th region.

Gallatin will make the region. Don't know how long they play, but they are the team to beat in the 31st.

Gallatin will make the region. Don't know how long they play, but they are the team to beat in the 31st.

 

Even though they lost Wilson? Idk who they return. But none of the 31st look to be serious region contenders.

Even though they lost Wilson? Idk who they return. But none of the 31st look to be serious region contenders.

 

Gallatin is the prohibitive favorite to win the 31st, just as they were last season. The Wildcats weren't considered a serious contender last year, but were one possession away from making it to the regional finals.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.