Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2017/2018 8th Region

Featured Replies

Anderson has 3 possible all region candidates coming back in Penny, Gritton and Pittman. They need to replace Garmon of course but I think they have a good one coming up that's up for the task. Depth I think will be better next year as well. I'd can definitely see them being pre-season top 2.

 

I think Collins will be pretty good again but will lose some size, and if I'm not mistaken a lot of the WV talent was young/sophomores this year? If so they should be right in the mix again. Spencer County could make some noise but still think they are another year away probably.

 

I know SO loses Griffin, which is huge for them, not sure who they have coming back, or about OC either.

Ok Big V, Gunner coming home now that they have fixed football?

Saw a couple mention it but also heard it was in discussion.

  • Replies 157
  • Views 49.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Big V, Gunner coming home now that they have fixed football?

Saw a couple mention it but also heard it was in discussion.

 

There was talk about that several weeks ago...nothing anybody knew anything about just thinking/wishing out loud. We will see what happens but if I had to guess I think he stays a Titan next year.

 

By the way, LOVE that kid and his younger brother too. Great kids.

BTW Collins will have tons of talent returning and I am sure someone will move into their district. AC should be region favorite again but I will wait till start of school to crown them.

Just might see them again in regional final.

OC should be returning a strong group and will be among the better teams in Region. South was following their script with Devin Young being the spotlight player with Luke Morrison and Sm Beard moving into starting roles. I hear they are losing Peyton Hicks to a family move out of state that will hurt them. Unless some of the JV from last year make large improvements over the summer it could be a long year for South

Walton will have the best pieces. Miles could be player of the year. If they get the guard transfer that is rumored they will be the paper champion.

Walton will have the best pieces. Miles could be player of the year. If they get the guard transfer that is rumored they will be the paper champion.

 

I heard guard and big man.

Well, the guard is an all region player. My odds are 50/50 he goes. The big is a work in progress, but if he ever gets as good as his old man- WV would have the top two big men in the region. I think he will be at WV.

 

With all that said, it may be some of the deepest team talent the 8th has had in a long while. Several top 30-40 teams. Anderson is very good. Oldham is very good. Simon has a lot of pieces. Anderson, Shelby, Collins, and Spencer - the two teams that don't make region might be good enough to win the other districts. I like Anderson and Collins to come out of this district,but I would not be shocked if Shelby and Spencer came out.

Well, the guard is an all region player. My odds are 50/50 he goes. The big is a work in progress, but if he ever gets as good as his old man- WV would have the top two big men in the region. I think he will be at WV.

 

With all that said, it may be some of the deepest team talent the 8th has had in a long while. Several top 30-40 teams. Anderson is very good. Oldham is very good. Simon has a lot of pieces. Anderson, Shelby, Collins, and Spencer - the two teams that don't make region might be good enough to win the other districts. I like Anderson and Collins to come out of this district,but I would not be shocked if Shelby and Spencer came out.

 

I've got a good idea who this possible all conference transfer is. It would make sense. I'd still roll with Anderson Co. because they have been in the finals 2 yrs in a row with their best player back. WV should rep the 8th well in the All A, no shame in that. Will be a good 4-5 team race @ HC next March.

Sometimes transfers don't always gel with the existing team, sometimes they do. Walton returns a formidable squad with zero outside additions.

WV is doing rather well in the AAU circuit as I understand, most of their rising Juniors are all playing together, just won the AAU state tourney at KBA few weekends back.

There are players on the Walton roster that are playing with several of the kids in the area to include Stanley on various teams and leagues. I have seen them at the circuits KBA/Cincy/Expo/Etc.... Walton will be very very strong. To be honest I would say the top 5 teams in the 8th will push hard for the crown... Tough to beat experience... going with Collins...

Edited by True blue (and gold)
Rule 13

Walton became my pick to win the All "A" State and 8th Region tournaments last night. :sour:

I am guessing the word is finally out that Stanley to Walton Verona is official? It definitely makes them frontrunners in the All A but Lexington Christian had some very good young players if I recall last year. They still have to prove they can play with and BEAT the top dogs in the 8th before I look into it too much but with Miles, Clinkenbeard, Stanley, Lay and Jones that is a top notch first 5. Then you add in Pardee, Grubbs, Shazier and their backup 6'8 center Brook and they have talented depth as well.

I am guessing the word is finally out that Stanley to Walton Verona is official? It definitely makes them frontrunners in the All A but Lexington Christian had some very good young players if I recall last year. They still have to prove they can play with and BEAT the top dogs in the 8th before I look into it too much but with Miles, Clinkenbeard, Stanley, Lay and Jones that is a top notch first 5. Then you add in Pardee, Grubbs, Shazier and their backup 6'8 center Brook and they have talented depth as well.

 

I heard Fox is going there to.

Last I heard, Fox was to old. However, I have no clue. Good luck to WV. Will be interesting to see how far they can go.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.