2017/2018 8th Region

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Williamstown staff has been adamant that Fox would be ruled eligible. He is too old. July birthday to turn 19 is a well known fact. Khsaa gives waivers to many of their bylaws. I have never known them to waive age. If Fox goes to WV they have the best talent. No one is even mentioning the kid from Europe that is D1 talent.

1. Stanley - top five in region

2. Clinkenbeard- top 10 in the region

3. Lay

4. Euro. 6'7. Brought in to place at NKU

5. Miles. Top center in the region

Bench Fox(starts for everyone else in the region)

Jones- prolific shooter and he will be open

Grubbs and Pardee are solid back ups. This team is loaded. It will be difficult to keep everyone happy,but they win All A state and go to the big state.

WV is gonna be pleased with the impact that Lay will give them next season. Not many work their craft like he does. Can knock it down from outside and a high percentage shooter. Not to mention his commitment to Defense too. I saw a video recently on Twitter of him knocking mid range jumpers with his left hand. Again, working his craft. If he can finish with his left like he does with his right, very formidible future. Heard he's getting some D3 looks and small school D1 looks. He has the all around game to play next level ball. Would be a crime if he wasn't utilized more next season.

One of the interesting stories in this scenario is whether Coach Brannen adjusts his style of play. They are typically a walk it up the floor, turnover your offense type of team. He has a lot of horses, will he let them run. Stanley and Lay are better in transition.

Hadn't heard anything about that. Spencer County got a transfer from PRP who will be a senior next year. Baseball player first, but also plays basketball. Big 6 ft3 to 6 ft 4 kid.

Looks like you guys got to go out and bring in some to compete in the 30th, after all that in season hype and getting waxed by Anderson Co in the district. The real season is in March.

Wow! Nice. Ask Collins about bringing people in. When you have a team as young as Spencer County did, I would say they did pretty dang good last year. 20 win season. They beat Anderson on their home court and you are correct the stage was too big for them in the district tournament game. Sounds like somebody is bitter. Those 8th graders and sophomores are year older and more experienced. Looking forward to another good season. Probably a year away from being a regional contender.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen Shelby, Williamstown, Henry, Owen or Trimble. Or eminence. The team that surprised me the most was North Oldham. They have some size, some shooters and some depth. I will admit, you do not know who is missing from a team when you see them on a given day. I watched Spencer twice and they did not wow me.

Have you seen everyone?? If not you will be surprised.

I've seen your beloved Bears 4 times. They have some pieces, and they'll beat the teams they're supposed to beat. But they're still a year or two away. Really young and small, but skilled backcourt. They'll be fun to watch as they get older

I haven't seen Shelby, Williamstown, Henry, Owen or Trimble. Or eminence. The team that surprised me the most was North Oldham. They have some size, some shooters and some depth. I will admit, you do not know who is missing from a team when you see them on a given day. I watched Spencer twice and they did not wow me.

You are correct not every team has all their players. Spencer County hasn't had all of their players. It should be very interesting once the season starts.

I've seen your beloved Bears 4 times. They have some pieces, and they'll beat the teams they're supposed to beat. But they're still a year or two away. Really young and small, but skilled backcourt. They'll be fun to watch as they get older

Once everyone is playing I think some people will be surprised. Not going to do alot of talking on here this year, but they are better than they were last year.

Several teams will be at Simon Kenton the next three days. I don't think anyone can give you a specific schedule unless they are associated with a team. I have seen games in Lexington, Louisville , mason county, etc. just follow bgp and see who is hosting.

Walton Verona will be playing Lexington Christian at 9am this Wed Regents Hall on NKU campus. I assume Walton will still be without Stanley but they had a nice showing at Lex Cath last week I heard. WV also plays later in the day but not sure who they play.