Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2017/2018 8th Region

Featured Replies

For Spencer it is the Burns factor. He gets out coached in most big games. If he can improve on that they have a chance to win the district.

  • Replies 157
  • Views 49.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Spencer it is the Burns factor. He gets out coached in most big games. If he can improve on that they have a chance to win the district.

 

Skeeter--I have to say that is the most uninformed post I think I have ever read. The year before last Burns took a team that had very little talent and lost to Anderson County ( a huge favorite) in overtime on their home court in the district tournament game. Most of the people on this board that are in the "know" were impressed by that. Last year he had one of the youngest teams in the state with two eighth graders getting major minutes and pulled out a 20 win season and beat Anderson on their home floor (very difficult). They lost in the first round of the district with a bunch of shell shocked babies. I would argue that if it wasn't for Burns Spencer County does none of that. One of the top coaches in the region. You have to have talent to win--I don't care how good you are as a coach. He has talent now. I'll keep your comment to use for later discussions. By the way, could you make a list of the "most big games he's been "outcoached"? I would love to see them. You just lost all credibility with me. Have a good day.

Gallatin lost a lot. Wilson was an awesome player. Steurer an awesome athlete, but the rest of their primary players are back.

Beatty is a top line defender at the point. Rassman and Bowen are shooters with good quickness. The Coomer boy that moved in is a very good player. He probably averaged 20 points a game this summer. They have options for the 5th starter. Jarin Rassman or jaymee hale are the likely choices.

Sorry to bust your bubble. Did not know you had so much emotional attachment to my comments.

I am very informed and have been around the program for many years. I didn't say Burns was a bad coach I stated that he seems to get out coached in big games. (Not good at making adjustments) There were a couple games that SC had control of and should have won.(SO home / RC Academy) Maybe it has been the talent level in the past but this year we will find out. Maybe I will have to eat my words. (And I hope so) I am not a hater - just have a different opinion.

Sorry to bust your bubble. Did not know you had so much emotional attachment to my comments.

I am very informed and have been around the program for many years. I didn't say Burns was a bad coach I stated that he seems to get out coached in big games. (Not good at making adjustments) There were a couple games that SC had control of and should have won.(SO home / RC Academy) Maybe it has been the talent level in the past but this year we will find out. Maybe I will have to eat my words. (And I hope so) I am not a hater - just have a different opinion.

 

Everybody has a right to their opinion, but when I see something bogus I have to point out why I think it is ridiculous. I think that is what this board is for. You bring up the South Oldham game?? I see a team that Spencer County had NO business even keeping close based upon talent. Spencer County lost by 29 points in the first meeting. Two weeks later they played them again and lost by three. I'm glad you brought that game up. This shows a coach that took the tape of a blowout and made a game plan and almost had the biggest upset of the year in the 8th region. If not for Joe Griffen taking over that 4th quarter it would have happened and almost did. Desales--down 10 in fourth quarter (Spencer County win). Several tight games that were won by Spencer County. Are you a Shelby County program fan?? Just wondering. You sound like a hater. Maybe angry about some transfers.

Sorry to bust your bubble. Did not know you had so much emotional attachment to my comments.

I am very informed and have been around the program for many years. I didn't say Burns was a bad coach I stated that he seems to get out coached in big games. (Not good at making adjustments) There were a couple games that SC had control of and should have won.(SO home / RC Academy) Maybe it has been the talent level in the past but this year we will find out. Maybe I will have to eat my words. (And I hope so) I am not a hater - just have a different opinion.

 

Sounds like we could have a disgruntled parent here. In coaching there are always games that you should have won that you didn't and there are games you shouldn't have won and you did. The bottom line is this program is trending in the right direction. Will they win the district and make it to the region? I have no idea but the program from the elementary through the high school is taking shape and we will soon see the fruits of all the hard work. Changing a culture is not easy!

Coach Burns is a tremendous young coach that took a program from bottom of the barrel to being relevant in the 8th region. The fact that they are in the conversation is a credit to the coach. Who knows what will happen in the future? But the recent past has been a huge improvement at SC.

Does the Stanley move push WV over the top as the clear favorite in the 8th now? I have to admit it makes me second guess my A.C. pick. Hard for Cobe to overcome Miles, Clinkenbeard, and Stanley. Same goes for McKnight @ Collins. WV having arguably 3/5 best players in the region tends to change things.

Does the Stanley move push WV over the top as the clear favorite in the 8th now? I have to admit it makes me second guess my A.C. pick. Hard for Cobe to overcome Miles, Clinkenbeard, and Stanley. Same goes for McKnight @ Collins. WV having arguably 3/5 best players in the region tends to change things.

 

Can't wait to watch SK vs Walton.

That seems to be what people are forgetting. Cobe isn't by his self. Gritton and Pittman have both won 2 districts and played in 2 straight regional finals as well. Both were major factors in AC post season run the previous 2 years.

Does anyone know if Dieonte Miles from WV has had any interest shown from colleges? Last I heard it was quiet on the front, I would have to think we are getting close to the time that he is going to start opening some eyes.

From what I understand, Dieonte is getting more & more looks. West Virginia, NKU, Wake Forest & Belmont are all showing lots of interest. The young man just turned 16, is over 6'9 now with a 7'2 wingspan, & is only scratching the surface of his potential. After getting some additional exposure playing & starting for Louisville Magic's 17U team during July. Many feel including myself, he has the highest upside of anyone in the state & that's saying something considering the class of 2019 may be one of the best to come through the Commonwealth in a while!

I think WV comes out of the 8th this season.

I think WV comes out of the 8th this season.

 

SK/Walton game will be fun to watch.

 

 

Kelch vs Miles

Kitchens and Niece vs WV guards.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.