Everything posted by Skeeter25
-
Spencer County 2018/2019
Rebound and stay out of foul trouble. As long as starters stay on the court they will always have a chance to win.
-
Anderson County 44 Spencer County 41 (30th District Semifinal)
Spencer doesn't have much coming up from the middle school class as well. Especially players with size that can contribute. (That includes 6-8th) They will definitely need a transfer with some size to be better than this years team. They will have a decent starting 5 next year but not much of a supporting bench. The Whitlock kid needs to grow and Hornback needs to hit the weights and stay healthy. Their youth showed Wednesday against Anderson.
-
2017/2018 8th Region
Sorry to bust your bubble. Did not know you had so much emotional attachment to my comments. I am very informed and have been around the program for many years. I didn't say Burns was a bad coach I stated that he seems to get out coached in big games. (Not good at making adjustments) There were a couple games that SC had control of and should have won.(SO home / RC Academy) Maybe it has been the talent level in the past but this year we will find out. Maybe I will have to eat my words. (And I hope so) I am not a hater - just have a different opinion.
-
2017/2018 8th Region
For Spencer it is the Burns factor. He gets out coached in most big games. If he can improve on that they have a chance to win the district.
-
2017/2018 8th Region
Spencer will be decent but the size of their guards is going to be an issue. They have skill but will have a hard time guarding the bigger more mature guards. Also not real sure they can compete inside as well.
-
Anderson County 52 Spencer County 35
All I am saying is that this was a down year for talent in our district and a lot of teams Spencer County played this year. I must say it would be nice to see them competitive every year but I am not sold yet. I don't see next years team being better than what they had this year. I did see the Anderson game this week and the 8th graders looked like they were 8th graders - very out of their league. I was expecting a lot more from what I have been reading on this sight. I only saw this game so can't judge the season. As far as Burns I can say he was extremely out coached against Anderson. Very unprepared. Did not make any adjustments. Anderson did their homework and shut the Cole kid down. No one else stepped up.
-
Anderson County 52 Spencer County 35
It will be difficult for Burns to be successful in Spencer County. Very difficult to win when you are counting on 8th graders. He has had several issues with running off upper classman and looking for the quick fix. He thought he had it this year but as in previous years just didn't work out. This was the year for a possible trip to regionals - it will be almost impossible the next couple of years. I do think that the Hornback kid will be the best of the 8th graders once his body matures.