Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Anderson County 52 Spencer County 35

Featured Replies

Final from Collins. Game was never in doubt Anderson controlled the entire game. Game was not as close as the final Spencer scored 7 of their 35 points in the last :40 seconds against the Bearcat subs.

Looks like the Spencer success was not to be. If they can keep their team together, they will make some hay in a couple years

  • Author

Anderson wa lead by Gritton with 20 and Penny had 13. I'd say if you told Coach Burns before the game Penny would only have 13 he'd like his chances.

Spencer loses 2 of top 3 scorers on this team, kept hearing rumblings about how they were better than Walton Verona this year. I watched WV last night and Spencer tonight, give me Walton. Also, Walton does not lose any major contributors after this year is over.

Anderson played very well tonight. Youth really showed for Spencer County. Anderson will beat Collins Friday if they play like that. They looked way better than they did a month ago when Spencer beat them on their home floor. Because Spencer lost to Anderson tonight does not mean that Walton Verona is better. Get real. Walton Verona is in a weak district. They will get theirs when they actually play one of the power teams in the region (South Oldham showed us that). I have to give Anderson County credit they looked as good tonight as any team we've played this year. It will be interesting to see how they do from here on out. Anderson was smart they went inside where Spencer County is not strong.

  • Author

8th region is almost set South Oldham, Oldham, Collins, Anderson Co., Eminence, Gallatin Co. Walton-Verona and the winner of tomorrow night's game between Grant Co. and Williamstown.

Better team won, no question in my mind about that. Anderson got sloppy a time or two in second half but went to Gritton down the stretch who SC had no answer for. I'd be lying though if I said I thought the game would be a "no doubter" for AC. All my AC guys felt the same, thought it would probably be close and come down to the last couple of minutes. I'm glad it didn't.

Anderson County always seems to play good ball late in the season. Drury does a great job.

9 points in a half will not win an Upward game. I still think Burns is highly overrated and needs to prove he can win a big game. As far as the final goes. Like a former 8th Region coach told me if any of the refs are over 60 then Drury won't lose. But I say Collins by 10 even though the have been struggling lately!

9 points in a half will not win an Upward game. I still think Burns is highly overrated and needs to prove he can win a big game. As far as the final goes. Like a former 8th Region coach told me if any of the refs are over 60 then Drury won't lose. But I say Collins by 10 even though the have been struggling lately!

 

Burns is a good coach. Late in the season, you need experience. Spencer County doesn't have any. They will next year though. Wonder if they'll have Burns.

I'm not saying he's not a good coach but some on here make him out to be great. He'd would be crazy to leave now. The have a really good younger group. Sam is not only a great talent but a wonderful young man. I've seen him play numerous times in middle school and in AAU. I worry that a lot is asked of him at such a young age. But no doubt he will be a star in time. I also like the young talent at Collins. McKnight and Vail are both big guards and only Freshmen.

9 points in a half will not win an Upward game. I still think Burns is highly overrated and needs to prove he can win a big game. As far as the final goes. Like a former 8th Region coach told me if any of the refs are over 60 then Drury won't lose. But I say Collins by 10 even though the have been struggling lately!

 

If you think Burns is highly overrated then you are in the minority--probably all by yourself. Experience is everything in the post season and in the third and fourth period at one point he had two sophomores and two eighth graders on the floor. The difference in the game was that Anderson pounded it inside and that is Spencer County's weakness. Credit to their coach, but he should win with that much disparity in experience. Really quite amazing that he beat Anderson a couple of weeks ago AT Anderson. Burns is the real deal. The Spencer County kids got some seasoning last night which will be great for the coming years.

Time will tell on Burns I think he's does a good job but just don't think he's great like you do. But that fine that's why this is a message board. Collins also won at Anderson starting 2 Freshmen and playing with 3 in the lineup for most of the night. I don't think Burns is any better or worse than Gaither.

Its funny and great to see the different perspectives. I think the fact that you're missing is that all of those coaches mentioned in this post are really really good. Drury, Gaither, and Burns are all three about as good as they get from what I've seen and I see it from the outside, not as a fan of either team.

True and nothing against Cates he's just getting started. But when Couch was at Shelby that was 4 really good coaches in the 30th district.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.