Everything posted by Radiowave
-
Mr. Basketball Finalists
Cobe Penny in the 8th is a joke. There are 5 players having a better yr. I’d go with Fort from Collins!
-
Powell County 60 Anderson County 44
Spencer has already played them. What is there to throw off. I heard it might be something else not an injury!
-
Collins 66 Spencer County 48
Tyson did hit his 3’s but also drove the ball in the 2nd half. Also thought Kidwell gave them a lift off the bench.
-
Collins 66 Spencer County 48
That’s the best I’ve seen Collins play all year! Everyone talks about Spencer’s young players and they are talented. Conley will be one of the State’s Best before it’s done. But Collins has 3 young players in McKnight, Turner, and Vail that can all play. Last night Tyson Turner was the difference.
-
Collins 54 Anderson County 53 (8th Region Championship)
As you know I'm a little partial! Lol. And there were awful calls on both sides like Turner Should be fouled out late in the fourth. But the one earlier that he was undercut and came down on the kids back then his legs were taken out from under him and nothing called. Might have been the worst call I've ever seen.
-
Collins 54 Anderson County 53 (8th Region Championship)
I think the emotions ran high on both sides. But they couldn't help it the Refs didn't call anything in the first half. You could slap and push and no calls. A total of 5 fouls called 2 on Collins and 3 on Anderson. I still don't think the bald headed official called a foul the entire night. It's really a credit to both sides that nothing happened.
-
Collins 54 Anderson County 53 (8th Region Championship)
Ok maybe you're right on Garmon. I shouldn't have called him out but I've seen him play enough to form my opinion. So 2 Collins kids waved bye! How dare them!
-
Collins 54 Anderson County 53 (8th Region Championship)
They waved bye that's it! I never saw a throat slash! You can't tell me Garmon wouldn't have done the same thing if not worse.
-
McKnight from Collins
Yeah I knew about him but he's in another category lol.
-
McKnight from Collins
Silo as far as 8th graders I'll take Sam Conley at Spencer Co. I would love to see Sam and McKnight in the same backcourt. But Vail is no slouch at Collins and can really shoot the ball.
-
McKnight from Collins
Anderson will be really good next yr. I guess replacing Garmon won't be easy but with Penny, Pittman, and Gritton they should be loaded.
-
McKnight from Collins
Where does he play!
-
McKnight from Collins
If there is a better Freshman backcourt player in the State you will have to convince me. This kid played Power forward in middle school. But Coach Gaither put the ball in his hands from the summer until now. Which now he's lead his team to the Sweet 16. He went head to head with Penny last night in the final 5 mins. And never once backed down. He has hit big free throws all yr. Yes he needs a little work on his outside shot but it's already better than in the beginning of the yr. Let's just say if we are picking teams I'm picking him!
-
Collins 54 Anderson County 53 (8th Region Championship)
Such bad kids they waved goodbye to the Anderson student section. I guess you don't realize what they hear the entire game. Plus it's a huge rival. I guess you're still upset that they beat your Reg. Favorites in the first round. Or still upset that they put a running clock on your Mustangs in football a few years back.
-
Anderson County / Collins (8th Region Championship) Thoughts and Predictions
Anderson Co. is the hot team without a doubt. I think it's comes down to youth vs. experience at the point. Who wins the battle between McKnight and Garmon goes to Rupp! I still don't think we have seen Collins at its best. So I say Collins 62-56!
-
Collins 62 Oldham County 59 (8th Region Quarterfinals)
This Collins team has been hard to figure out. When you think they have started playing better they lose a game they shouldn't. Then when you think it's falling apart losing 4 of 6 then they beat Oldham Co. I still think they can play better than they did last night. Fort and Feltner never really got going last night. A lot of they had to do with Oldham's very good Def. And Cochran was in foul trouble in the 1st half. But played well in the 2nd until he fouled out late in the game. Good thing is Dom has a few days off to rest his ankle. I thought Gaither did a great job coaching last night. I mean he's no Burns but we will take him.
-
Round 1, Night Two at the Roy - 8th Region
Collins vs Oldham game they let a lot go around the rim. You had to finish thru contact. But both teams were in the bonus the entire 4th Qt. At the half the fouls were 10-2 with Collins having 10. But for the most part I thought they weren't bad. Beats what we have in the 8th for the most part.
-
Collins 62 Oldham County 59 (8th Region Quarterfinals)
Great move by Coach Gaither to go Zone late in the game. They couldn't keep Gipson out of the lane and the zone helped stop that.
-
Collins 62 Oldham County 59 (8th Region Quarterfinals)
Dom Turner was huge with 24 points 18 in the 2nd half.Playing at about 75%. We interviewed after the game. McKnight was also solid espically for a freshman!
-
Oldham County 76 South Oldham 70 (29th District Championship)
Collins is back to full strength. Feltner has played the last 3 games and has shot it well. Dom Turner turned an ankle last night in the 3rd and didn't return. But saying all that Collins is not playing anything like they were early in the year. Give Anderson credit they have really turned it on lately and shot the 3 well last night. Collins has enough talent to win the 8th but must start playing a lot better.
-
Anderson County 52 Spencer County 35
I've seen them both play and no way is he going to be better than Conley. Sam will be about 6-4 and can handle the ball.
-
Anderson County 52 Spencer County 35
I really like Zerhusen and Gaither. But you can't argue with what Drury has done. I don't like his style of play but it works. And also I think the guy at Gallatin Co. does well with what he's got to work with. I guess he's still there! Lol
-
Anderson County 52 Spencer County 35
True and nothing against Cates he's just getting started. But when Couch was at Shelby that was 4 really good coaches in the 30th district.
-
Anderson County 52 Spencer County 35
Time will tell on Burns I think he's does a good job but just don't think he's great like you do. But that fine that's why this is a message board. Collins also won at Anderson starting 2 Freshmen and playing with 3 in the lineup for most of the night. I don't think Burns is any better or worse than Gaither.
-
Anderson County 52 Spencer County 35
I'm not saying he's not a good coach but some on here make him out to be great. He'd would be crazy to leave now. The have a really good younger group. Sam is not only a great talent but a wonderful young man. I've seen him play numerous times in middle school and in AAU. I worry that a lot is asked of him at such a young age. But no doubt he will be a star in time. I also like the young talent at Collins. McKnight and Vail are both big guards and only Freshmen.