Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

McKnight from Collins

Featured Replies

If there is a better Freshman backcourt player in the State you will have to convince me. This kid played Power forward in middle school. But Coach Gaither put the ball in his hands from the summer until now. Which now he's lead his team to the Sweet 16. He went head to head with Penny last night in the final 5 mins. And never once backed down. He has hit big free throws all yr. Yes he needs a little work on his outside shot but it's already better than in the beginning of the yr. Let's just say if we are picking teams I'm picking him!

There is a better 8th grader

  • Author

Where does he play!

He's a good one. He will give Anderson problems the next 3 years for sure.

  • Author

Anderson will be really good next yr. I guess replacing Garmon won't be easy but with Penny, Pittman, and Gritton they should be loaded.

  • Author

Silo as far as 8th graders I'll take Sam Conley at Spencer Co. I would love to see Sam and McKnight in the same backcourt. But Vail is no slouch at Collins and can really shoot the ball.

Anderson will be really good next yr. I guess replacing Garmon won't be easy but with Penny, Pittman, and Gritton they should be loaded.

 

They will be, and I think they will be a force in the region for the next 3 years as they have a very good freshman class as well that should start giving major contributions next year.

Silo as far as 8th graders I'll take Sam Conley at Spencer Co. I would love to see Sam and McKnight in the same backcourt. But Vail is no slouch at Collins and can really shoot the ball.

 

He's referring to the kid at Bowling Green I believe, Zion Harmon. I don't think Conley holds a candle to Zion right now, and that's no disrespect to Conley, Harmon is just that good. Just go down their stat line and look at some of their games:

 

26, 19, 20, 19, 24. Has lead a region winning team in points several games against a very good schedule. 2nd leading scorer on the team at 16.4 a game, just behind DI commit senior Terry Taylor. Kid can play and supposedly is ranked the top 8th grade prospect in the country.

Edited by BigVMan23

Where does he play!

 

Yes Zion Harmon. He is the #1 ranked pg in America for 8th graders.

We are 1 region guys, good to be excited but they are a lot of good players out there. We have some good young talent in the 8th for sure. Zion is a different animal all together. EYBL circuit this past summer and played up, was best on the floor at times

  • Author

Yeah I knew about him but he's in another category lol.

There is a lot a great talent in the state of Kentucky at every level. I really only get to see teams if they play West of Bowling Green/Louisville. So i don't get to see some of the players from NKy and EKy unless they travel to this side of the state.

 

That being said, I love to hear about talent in other areas. I will be honest, it does annoy me a little when one player is called out as the best thing ever if they haven't seen other talent throughout the state. I'd rather just group players in a top tier.

 

I haven't seen McKnight play, but I hope I get the chance to. It sounds like he is worth a look!

To imagine what level I feel like McKnight is on, if Penny is an A, then this kid is an A-. Doesn't have Penny's outside shot or strength right now, but he's only a freshman. It will come in time. Those two went head to head last night McKnight more than held his own. Both should be 2 of the top 5 players next yr in region 8.

Can't wait to see Zion next week @ Rupp and see what his game is about

There is a lot a great talent in the state of Kentucky at every level. I really only get to see teams if they play West of Bowling Green/Louisville. So i don't get to see some of the players from NKy and EKy unless they travel to this side of the state.

 

That being said, I love to hear about talent in other areas. I will be honest, it does annoy me a little when one player is called out as the best thing ever if they haven't seen other talent throughout the state. I'd rather just group players in a top tier.

 

I haven't seen McKnight play, but I hope I get the chance to. It sounds like he is worth a look!

 

I'd say McKnight is an all around player that probably won't "wow" you with any one thing, but does quite a few things pretty well. After watching him for a while you kind of say "hey, that kids pretty good". He's probably not gonna drop 30 on anyone (at least yet) or hit three or four 3's from 24 feet in a game, but what he is going to do is play solid d, run the point well, start the offense and find the open man, and drive and score when the opportunity is there. Very calm cool and collected for a freshman playing the point.

He sounds like a Ryan Mathis (Graves) last year as a freshman.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.