Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2017/2018 8th Region

Featured Replies

Who are the top 10 teams? Who are the top 10 players?

  • Replies 157
  • Views 49.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to say Anderson County will have another very strong team coming back with Penny, Pitman, and Gritton. I think Collins will be good again. They lose two outstanding players, but return McKnight, Feltner, Fort, along with some good young talent that will mature some. I also think Oldham and Walton Verona will have nice teams. Spencer County could be a sleeper. I apologize if I misspelled any names.

Anderson has 3 possible all region candidates coming back in Penny, Gritton and Pittman. They need to replace Garmon of course but I think they have a good one coming up that's up for the task. Depth I think will be better next year as well. I'd can definitely see them being pre-season top 2.

 

I think Collins will be pretty good again but will lose some size, and if I'm not mistaken a lot of the WV talent was young/sophomores this year? If so they should be right in the mix again. Spencer County could make some noise but still think they are another year away probably.

 

I know SO loses Griffin, which is huge for them, not sure who they have coming back, or about OC either.

Oldham county only looses 1 of theirs main players (Ismael Jones). The strength of their team was in their junior class

 

South Oldham loses Griffin, Franklin, Hoover, and another key player but returns D Young & Morrison (he was just a freshman this year). They had a sophomore contribute a lot at end of season too this year

 

North Oldham loses their top 3 players and returns 1-2 starters and another player who came off the bench as a junior or senior.

 

Trimble loses players but will be about the same as always

 

Shelby looses 2-3 starters

 

Collins loses 2 big contributors but returns a lot of good young talent

 

Anderson and Spencer will be good next year as they each lose some but return more than they lose.

The tall kid in the middle at WV, name escapes me but only a sophomore this year. He should be ranked in the Top 10.

SK will be good. Kelch will be a 6'9 Sr., Kitchens 6'1, Robinson 6'0 where starters. They will have 6'0 Fr. Niece who played alot as a 8th grader. Krohman, Friees and Hensley will get alot of playing time.

The tall kid in the middle at WV, name escapes me but only a sophomore this year. He should be ranked in the Top 10.

 

6'7 Miles.

  • Author

WV only lost two seniors out of the starting five. They return Miles, Clinkenbeard, Lay, Pardee, Jones, Grubbs and Shazier, plus they have two more on jv that were only sophomores this year and they didn't get to play a lot of varsity this year, but should contribute next year.

1. Anderson

2. Collins

3. Spencer

4. Shelby

 

1. Gallatin

2. Carroll

3. Henry

4. Eminence. Could go to 1 if they bring in transfers like is rumored

5. Owen

 

1. Oldham

2. South

3. North

4. Trimble

 

1. WV

2. SK

3. Williamstown -could go up if Fox is granted another year of eligibility

4. Grant

 

Andersons to win just like this year. If it was a horse race, I would avoid the favorite and go for a good payday - WV, point guard may be below par, very solid everywhere else . If Miles improves as much as he did this year, it will be WV's to lose.

1. Anderson

2. Collins

3. Spencer

4. Shelby

 

1. Gallatin

2. Carroll

3. Henry

4. Eminence. Could go to 1 if they bring in transfers like is rumored

5. Owen

 

1. Oldham

2. South

3. North

4. Trimble

 

1. WV

2. SK

3. Williamstown -could go up if Fox is granted another year of eligibility

4. Grant

 

Andersons to win just like this year. If it was a horse race, I would avoid the favorite and go for a good payday - WV, point guard may be below par, very solid everywhere else . If Miles improves as much as he did this year, it will be WV's to lose.

 

Three things stand out here;

1. Poor Trimble Co. Gosh, that's a brutal district for them.

2. To go from a #4 to a #1 Eminence must have some nice transfers "rumoured" to come in.

3. I say it comes down to Oldham Co, Anderson Co, and WV. I'm going chalk next yr. (for once)

1. Anderson

2. Collins

3. Spencer

4. Shelby

 

1. Gallatin

2. Carroll

3. Henry

4. Eminence. Could go to 1 if they bring in transfers like is rumored

5. Owen

 

1. Oldham

2. South

3. North

4. Trimble

 

1. WV

2. SK

3. Williamstown -could go up if Fox is granted another year of eligibility

4. Grant

 

Andersons to win just like this year. If it was a horse race, I would avoid the favorite and go for a good payday - WV, point guard may be below par, very solid everywhere else . If Miles improves as much as he did this year, it will be WV's to lose.

I don't think it's a matter of eligibility with Fox I think it's about whether or not the program he is in will allow him to stay at Williamstown another year.

He is too old. They may get a waiver, but he is 19 before Aug 1.

To me WV is probably the favorite.

I agree with 1. Anderson. 2. Oldham 3. WV

I would probably put Spencer, Collins, South and Simon in the next bunch

Still another group of good teams beneath that group -Gallatin,north, Shelby, williamstown

The rumors at Eminence are that Brown intends to be like Roderick. Could be interesting or he could be jumping to another job.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.