Does the Northern Kentucky Boys Basketball Coaches Assoc. need to look in the mirror?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I listed the schools on the ballot I have in my possession.

Thanks, so only 9 get to vote. (im sure there is a reason why only those 9 get to vote.)

However you state very clearly you didnt talk to most that voted.

So the whole point is that the D1 player in the conference didn't get the proper rank in the conference by the vote of the coaches in the conference, and it is implied there is a hidden agenda as to why. Those that did not vote the D1 player to the proper rank should have their integrity questioned and look in the mirror.

Sounds right to me, it happens in every sport, not sure why its a big deal here.

In my opinion CJ isn't the best player on his team. CVH is and has been ever since N Ruthsatz graduated the real problem is that he should of won the player of the year, not McNeil or CJ. The next closest person to CVH is Kunkel I think they both got screwed. Now this is just my opinion

I'm certainly not advocating a cover up. But anytime you rank people or teams it is subjective.

Not all year end teams rank the individual players. Does the BGP all state team get ranked or is just a list of players?

Sorry for quoting myself, but I found my own answer by using the search button.

BGP All State Basketball Teams are listed with POY and the balance of the team in alphabetical order.

Thanks, so only 9 get to vote. (im sure there is a reason why only those 9 get to vote.)

However you state very clearly you didnt talk to most that voted.

So the whole point is that the D1 player in the conference didn't get the proper rank in the conference by the vote of the coaches in the conference, and it is implied there is a hidden agenda as to why. Those that did not vote the D1 player to the proper rank should have their integrity questioned and look in the mirror.

Sounds right to me, it happens in every sport, not sure why its a big deal here.

Agreed.....It happens in every sport at every level in every state in the USA. I'm not saying that it is right, but it will never change.

Just to be clear I believe we are talking about NKAC Division 1 coaches Conference team which is why only coaches from the schools mentioned voted. The other NKY schools are Division 2 (like NCC, St. Henry etc) and Division 3 (like Villa, Ludlow etc).

In theory coaches are then voting for players they have competed against in Conference play.

Personally I think people get too caught up in the whole "all conference team" thing.

I made the all conference team in high school and I missed a tip-in two weeks later in the sectional finals against Madeira that would have put us up by 1 point with six seconds left. I would gladly give up my little brown plaque in order to go back in time and make that stupid put-back instead of trying to dunk it like some cocky punk I still have nightmares about it.

In my opinion CJ isn't the best player on his team. CVH is and has been ever since N Ruthsatz graduated the real problem is that he should of won the player of the year, not McNeil or CJ. The next closest person to CVH is Kunkel I think they both got screwed. Now this is just my opinion

Clearly haven't watched Cooper and Cov Cath enough . Could have a point with Kunkel but not Cov Cath . At the end of the day one kid is highest recruited kid in area last 20 years so who cares ! Inside job by the Boone Co mafia of coaches !

I don't think Transparency is the NKBBCA's strong point.

As President of the NKY Softball Coaches Association, you're only asking for trouble if you posted the vote totals. I get nine kinds of hell every year for not posting the NKSCA vote totals.

Two years ago Highlands Haley Coffey missed 3/4 of the regular season, and was WITHOUT QUESTION the BEST Shortstop in the 9th region, however she only made Honorable Mention because of the missing so many games......I think that is the same for CJ's ranking.

Clearly haven't watched Cooper and Cov Cath enough . Could have a point with Kunkel but not Cov Cath . At the end of the day one kid is highest recruited kid in area last 20 years so who cares ! Inside job by the Boone Co mafia of coaches !

Until CJ commits some where and puts up good numbers in college or even plays at that college. Then you can say he was the highest recruit in this area the last 20yrs. Until then we will never know.

As President of the NKY Softball Coaches Association, you're only asking for trouble if you posted the vote totals. I get nine kinds of hell every year for not posting the NKSCA vote totals.

Two years ago Highlands Haley Coffey missed 3/4 of the regular season, and was WITHOUT QUESTION the BEST Shortstop in the 9th region, however she only made Honorable Mention because of the missing so many games......I think that is the same for CJ's ranking.

Yep. Also don't understand why it's a big deal. You ask most coaches about rankings and they dismiss them anyway. Not sure why the big deal being made of this one. Didn't he miss like half of his team's games this season? He is a great player, everyone agrees. Being a few notches higher in a poll won't change anything.

You keep,saying he is the highest recites young man it seems ever in Northern Ky, Covington Catholic has a young man on the 16 th rank team in the ncaa right now, James Bolden is with West Virginia who I think is like 10 th, don't get me wrong, I also believe he is a very good player and should be ranked higher than what he was, but let's wait and see where he ends up. I wish him the very best, but let's not forget about the other young men recruited out of this area.