Does the Northern Kentucky Boys Basketball Coaches Assoc. need to look in the mirror?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for quoting myself, but I found my own answer by using the search button.

BGP All State Basketball Teams are listed with POY and the balance of the team in alphabetical order.

Thank you for pointing out it is a Team, and not a ranking of players.

Thanks, so only 9 get to vote. (im sure there is a reason why only those 9 get to vote.)

However you state very clearly you didnt talk to most that voted.

So the whole point is that the D1 player in the conference didn't get the proper rank in the conference by the vote of the coaches in the conference, and it is implied there is a hidden agenda as to why. Those that did not vote the D1 player to the proper rank should have their integrity questioned and look in the mirror.

Sounds right to me, it happens in every sport, not sure why its a big deal here.

That's like saying all politicians are corrupt so when we find an example of it we should just look the other way.

As President of the NKY Softball Coaches Association, you're only asking for trouble if you posted the vote totals. I get nine kinds of hell every year for not posting the NKSCA vote totals.

Two years ago Highlands Haley Coffey missed 3/4 of the regular season, and was WITHOUT QUESTION the BEST Shortstop in the 9th region, however she only made Honorable Mention because of the missing so many games......I think that is the same for CJ's ranking.

Are you just not paying attention?

That logic doesn't work this time around, as much as everyone wants it to, because the player finishing first missed roughly an equal amount of time.

You keep,saying he is the highest recites young man it seems ever in Northern Ky, Covington Catholic has a young man on the 16 th rank team in the ncaa right now, James Bolden is with West Virginia who I think is like 10 th, don't get me wrong, I also believe he is a very good player and should be ranked higher than what he was, but let's wait and see where he ends up. I wish him the very best, but let's not forget about the other young men recruited out of this area.

Okay so you came up with one example. CJ is still a D1 player and he was voted the 8th best player in NKY out of only 9 teams in NKY. Considering Campbell and Simon Kenton were included that makes CJ Fredrick the 8th best player out of only about 1/3 of the teams in NKY.

Personally I think people get too caught up in the whole "all conference team" thing.

I made the all conference team in high school and I missed a tip-in two weeks later in the sectional finals against Madeira that would have put us up by 1 point with six seconds left. I would gladly give up my little brown plaque in order to go back in time and make that stupid put-back instead of trying to dunk it like some cocky punk I still have nightmares about it.

I agree, especially now that we know how the process works.

The 8th place ranking is solely related to his play this year.

No doubt he is a fantastic player but missed the bulk of the season and I would venture to say he was judged as such.

As for Division 1 offers, a lot of that can be attributed to upside or potential.

Is he one of the top players in the region? No question.

I just think he didn't get nearly the votes because he missed so much time.

It could have also been that coaches saw more of VonHandorf and Ruthsatz and decided to vote those two and other players.

Flip side, I believe the Walter kid from CCH has D-1 offers as well and didn't make the top 10?

OK, nobody likes his uncle so that's why he is #8. LOL

My guess is that is a lot closer to the truth than the drivel in your last post.

And since many of us believe some of the other coaches have an issue with someone on staff at CovCath that brings us back to the question of integrity again.

One Coach I talked to went to great length to explain to me how underhanded some of these coaches are when it comes to a vote like this. His final point was it amazed him how all these coaches find ways in their mind to justify this type of behavior.

The 8th place ranking is solely related to his play this year.

No doubt he is a fantastic player but missed the bulk of the season and I would venture to say he was judged as such.

As for Division 1 offers, a lot of that can be attributed to upside or potential.

Is he one of the top players in the region? No question.

I just think he didn't get nearly the votes because he missed so much time.

It could have also been that coaches saw more of VonHandorf and Ruthsatz and decided to vote those two and other players.

Flip side, I believe the Walter kid from CCH has D-1 offers as well and didn't make the top 10?

And if McNeil didn't miss a bunch of time too I could almost buy your explanation but again that ship has already sailed and I call you know what on your post.

On the injury question, does anyone have the number of games played against D1 NKBBCA teams for each player. If Frederick's injury caused him to miss mostly conference games (therefore, coaches did not see him this year), I could see that having an impact. A coach could be justified in saying "I did not see him play this year, he can't get my top #1,2,3,etc. vote."

Frederick's stats for games against his Div 1 counterparts.

2 games played. (Boone and Simon Kenton)

ppg 16 (32 total)

3pt % (2 for 10) 20%

rpg 2.5 (5 total)

McNeil's stats (6 games played, Conner,Ryle,Ryle,Dixie,Campbell,Scott)

21.3 ppg (128 total)

3pt % 52% (12for23)

rpg 7.2 (43 total)

ppg 16 (32 total)

3pt % (2 for 10) 20%

rpg 2.5 (5 total)

21.3 ppg (128 total)

3pt % 52% (12for23)

rpg 7.2 (43 total)

Would you be so kind to give us each player's stats for the entire season.

Also, do you have the total amount of games each player played and the total amount of games each player sat out injured?

And this is a serious question, do games that are not against NKY D1 Teams not count?

Finally, remember everyone, this isn't McNeil vs. Frederick, it has nothing to do with that.

ppg 16 (32 total)

3pt % (2 for 10) 20%

rpg 2.5 (5 total)

21.3 ppg (128 total)

3pt % 52% (12for23)

rpg 7.2 (43 total)

Winner Winner! Chicken Dinner!

This explains it.