Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 82 Georgia 77

Featured Replies

Harder for UK because this is considered the top game of the season for everyone they play.

 

Calipari is right. It's always a t-shirt night when Kentucky is in town.

  • Replies 94
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been to many SEC road games. Kentucky is playing a top 25 opponent every time they go on the road. I don't care who it is.

I loved the aggressiveness of Fox. J.J. Frazier was out of this world and down the stretch, Fox wasn't far behind. Love the hustle play Bam made to corral the offensive rebound late in the game.

I loved the aggressiveness of Fox. J.J. Frazier was out of this world and down the stretch, Fox wasn't far behind. Love the hustle play Bam made to corral the offensive rebound late in the game.

 

The so-called hustle plays are as vital to winning games as ability is. There were a number of these plays tonight. Willis and Hawkins both brought needed energy tonight, and it was huge.

It's hard period. It's hard for NKU. It's hard for Morehead State. It's hard for Kentucky.

 

It is very difficult to win road games.

Its not nearly as hard for any other SEC team to go into Georgia as it is for Kentucky. Like the announcers said during the game, it's tough to be Kentucky, Duke, UNC, and Kansas because every road game you play is that teams biggest home game of the year. I mean how often does Georgia sell out home basketball games? The UK and Florida games are probably it.

I have been a defender of Briscoe this year because hard work stats like rebounding helped me oversee the turnovers and bad shots. But tonight I thought he was a cancer on this squad for at least this game.

 

Tonight he had 6 rebounds. But only 2 assists to go with 4 turnovers (at least two or more of the unforced variety). He took 12 shots in 24 minutes (Monk had 11 in 36 minutes) and 3 3 pointers which is NOT his shot. Add to that a technical and stupid take down foul.

 

When he went out, the offense looked a WHOLE LOT better. :idunno:

I agree on Briscoe doing more harm than good. It is very concerning that every game UK is in foul trouble. Also, Willis had some opportunistic moments, which was good. But that poor guy is horrendous and getting worse by the game on defense. When UGA needed buckets it was no coincidence he was involved in the play. They simply can't defend on the interior.

I have been a defender of Briscoe this year because hard work stats like rebounding helped me oversee the turnovers and bad shots. But tonight I thought he was a cancer on this squad for at least this game.

 

Tonight he had 6 rebounds. But only 2 assists to go with 4 turnovers (at least two or more of the unforced variety). He took 12 shots in 24 minutes (Monk had 11 in 36 minutes) and 3 3 pointers which is NOT his shot. Add to that a technical and stupid take down foul.

 

When he went out, the offense looked a WHOLE LOT better. :idunno:

 

I think Briscoe may be pressing a bit given that this is the time of the year that he needs to really shine if he is going to even get a look by the NBA scouts. Now I'm not saying he is good enough to even get drafted as I don't really believe he is but with the guards Cal will have next year I don't think there is really room on the roster for Briscoe next year and Cal could be telling him that this is his time to prove what he can do. You are right this could be detrimental to the team as he is limited in what he brings to the table.

I think Briscoe may be pressing a bit given that this is the time of the year that he needs to really shine if he is going to even get a look by the NBA scouts. Now I'm not saying he is good enough to even get drafted as I don't really believe he is but with the guards Cal will have next year I don't think there is really room on the roster for Briscoe next year and Cal could be telling him that this is his time to prove what he can do. You are right this could be detrimental to the team as he is limited in what he brings to the table.

As of now UK will have 3 scholarship guards on the roster. Plenty of room for Briscoe.

This team can barely put away Georgia, I dont get it.

Is anyone else worried about Monk? I really don't like the way he has been playing. No defense. No rebounding. Takes bad shots. He should be getting as much heat as anyone on UK. He was 3-11 and 1-5 on threes yesterday.

As of now UK will have 3 scholarship guards on the roster. Plenty of room for Briscoe.

 

You're right. I didn't know that Trae Young had committed to Oklahoma so they will lose Fox, Monk, Hawkins and Mulder so they will just have the 3 recruited guards and walk ons.

Is anyone else worried about Monk? I really don't like the way he has been playing. No defense. No rebounding. Takes bad shots. He should be getting as much heat as anyone on UK. He was 3-11 and 1-5 on threes yesterday.

He had like 20 and 8 the game before this. He hasn't been rebounding all season really so I don't see why you would need to be concerned now if you weren't before. He's a scorer and anything else is a bonus at this point.

 

He's 14 of his last 32 from 3. Last 5 games.

I'm not saying this to be offensive to anyone, but I really believe the average fan doesn't realize how difficult it is to win a conference road game.

 

It sure is, so don't add to that advantage by playing lousy defense, not rebounding and missing freebies from the charity stripe. Championship teams more often than not succeed in those areas.

UK looks like an NIT contender to me right now. I expected them to be an obvious top 5 team by this time of year, but they still have a lot of work to do. This team will be embarrassed in the NCAA tourney if their defense does not improve drastically.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.