Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 82 Georgia 77

Featured Replies

Briscoe needs to stop and think, "Why have I always got the open 3 all the time but my teammates don't?" :down:

  • Replies 94
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless UK can figure out how to stop guards from scoring in the lane they're not going very far in the NCAA tourney. There's a lot of guards across the college landscape that can simulate what Frazier did in this game. Maybe not bunches of them but enough on the teams that make the tournament to cause problems.

I've been to many SEC road games. Kentucky is playing a top 25 opponent every time they go on the road. I don't care who it is.

 

lol I just couldn't hold that in. Seriously though?

lol I just couldn't hold that in. Seriously though?

 

Yes, seriously. Kentucky on the road is every team's Super Bowl. Check the attendance numbers.

UK looks like an NIT contender to me right now. I expected them to be an obvious top 5 team by this time of year, but they still have a lot of work to do. This team will be embarrassed in the NCAA tourney if their defense does not improve drastically.

 

Let's step back and take a deep breath.

Yes, seriously. Kentucky on the road is every team's Super Bowl. Check the attendance numbers.

 

I'm referring to your top 25 comment... you're smarter than that.

I'm referring to your top 25 comment... you're smarter than that.

 

I know what you're referring to. I have been there and seen it with my own eyes. Every time UK goes on the road in conference, it's an incredible atmosphere and the other team plays as hard as they have played at any point in the season.

I actually enjoy UK road games more than home games because the atmospheres are so incredible.

Let's step back and take a deep breath.
Let's do that. UK just squeaked by a mediocre Georgia team that was playing very short-handed. Georgia will almost certainly be invited to the NIT. With an OT home win over Georgia, and a narrow road win against an injury-riddled Georgia team, UK, at this point in the season would have about as good a chance as Georgia of winning the NIT. I think my post stating that UK is playing like an NIT contender hit the nail on the head.
I'm not saying this to be offensive to anyone, but I really believe the average fan doesn't realize how difficult it is to win a conference road game.

 

This!

 

Cats made 17 straight FT's to close out the game....WOW....

Let's do that. UK just squeaked by a mediocre Georgia team that was playing very short-handed. Georgia will almost certainly be invited to the NIT. With an OT home win over Georgia, and a narrow road win against an injury-riddled Georgia team, UK, at this point in the season would have about as good a chance as Georgia of winning the NIT. I think my post stating that UK is playing like an NIT contender hit the nail on the head.

 

UK is 22-5 with all 5 losses coming against top 50 teams. A mention of NIT with UK is ridiculous.

UK is 22-5 with all 5 losses coming against top 50 teams. A mention of NIT with UK is ridiculous.
UK looked much better early in the season than they do now. Obviously, UK has punched its ticket to the NCAA tournament, but the Cats are not playing on a level that matches their talent. They might be able to win the NIT the way that they are playing, but if they don't shape up they will make an early exit from the NCAA tournament.
UK looked much better early in the season than they do now. Obviously, UK has punched its ticket to the NCAA tournament, but the Cats are not playing on a level that matches their talent. They might be able to win the NIT the way that they are playing, but if they don't shape up they will make an early exit from the NCAA tournament.

 

Enjoy the next few weeks. They are just now figuring out how to play at this level.

I know what you're referring to. I have been there and seen it with my own eyes. Every time UK goes on the road in conference, it's an incredible atmosphere and the other team plays as hard as they have played at any point in the season.

 

But to say every team is a top 25 team? Insanity. This U.K. Team was simply overhyped. It happens. They're still good but nowhere near what was expected.

But to say every team is a top 25 team? Insanity. This U.K. Team was simply overhyped. It happens. They're still good but nowhere near what was expected.

 

We will see how it plays out.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.