February 19, 20179 yr Stating an opinion is not ranting and raving. UK is playing like an NIT contender. Disagree if you want, but UK is not playing well right now, and there is nothing wrong with me stating the obvious. There is plenty of time left, but at this time, this team does not look anything like a Final Four contender. Oh, you're one of those fans. There's no in-between. They are either Final Four contenders or they suck (NIT bound). I do disagree. Kentucky is improving and will continue to improve into March. When the tournament rolls around, Calipari will have them ready to compete for the second weekend...then anything is possible.
February 19, 20179 yr Oh, you're one of those fans. There's no in-between. They are either Final Four contenders or they suck (NIT bound). I do disagree. Kentucky is improving and will continue to improve into March. When the tournament rolls around, Calipari will have them ready to compete for the second weekend...then anything is possible. I never said that UK is NIT bound. Re-read my posts s-l-o-w-l-y. I said that they are playing like an NIT contender. I am a Kentucky alumnus and a fan, and I hope that you are right, but the poster who is ranting and raving is not this one. Chill.
February 19, 20179 yr I never said that UK is NIT bound. Re-read my posts s-l-o-w-l-y. I said that they are playing like an NIT contender. I am a Kentucky alumnus and a fan, and I hope that you are right, but the poster who is ranting and raving is not this one. Chill. The problem is that you keep saying they're playing like an NIT contender. That was a few weeks ago. Now they are playing like a top 15 team.
February 19, 20179 yr The problem is that you keep saying they're playing like an NIT contender. That was a few weeks ago. Now they are playing like a top 15 team.We disagree. I don't think a top 15 team would have struggled against Georgia, who will not make the field of 64, and which was playing without its best player for all but two minutes. Not only did UK struggle, it also went into OT to beat GA at home. This team has Final Four talent and I don't think that they are playing anywhere near that level right now. And, FWIW, I only repeated my comment about UK playing like an NIT contender because I was accused of saying that UK was NIT bound. I should not have had to repeat myself because my original post was clear.
February 19, 20179 yr I have been a defender of Briscoe this year because hard work stats like rebounding helped me oversee the turnovers and bad shots. But tonight I thought he was a cancer on this squad for at least this game. Tonight he had 6 rebounds. But only 2 assists to go with 4 turnovers (at least two or more of the unforced variety). He took 12 shots in 24 minutes (Monk had 11 in 36 minutes) and 3 3 pointers which is NOT his shot. Add to that a technical and stupid take down foul. When he went out, the offense looked a WHOLE LOT better. :idunno: To be fair Cal has even told Briscoe if he is open he wants him to have the confidence to pull the trigger and shoot it. I can live with him shooting open threes off passes. The shots I don't like is his pull up midway jumpers off the dribble.
February 19, 20179 yr We disagree. I don't think a top 15 team would have struggled against Georgia, who will not make the field of 64, and which was playing without its best player for all but two minutes. Not only did UK struggle, it also went into OT to beat GA at home. This team has Final Four talent and I don't think that they are playing anywhere near that level right now. And, FWIW, I only repeated my comment about UK playing like an NIT contender because I was accused of saying that UK was NIT bound. I should not have had to repeat myself because my original post was clear. :woot::woot::woot:
February 19, 20179 yr Stating an opinion is not ranting and raving. UK is playing like an NIT contender. Disagree if you want, but UK is not playing well right now, and there is nothing wrong with me stating the obvious. There is plenty of time left, but at this time, this team does not look anything like a Final Four contender. You must not be paying attention to games then. I agree that UK is not playing to their complete potential yet. However over the last 2 weeks they have played much better. UK the last 2 weeks have looked much better in their half court offense and moving the ball. Their rebounding has been improving. Even defensively they have gotten better. As I stated earlier I am not all to upset with their defense yesterday. There were many tough contested shots that Frazier and Georgia was making. Uk played on the road in a game with a guy in Frazier who was hot making tough shots from everywhere. Yet UK kept responding. In the final three minutes with the crowd going crazy, UK kept responding and making game winning type plays. Before 2 weeks ago, UK loses this type of game. So when you come in saying UK looks like an NIT contender youre going to get the response you have got. No one would disagree that they are not playing their best yet. However they are starting to make strides that way. Also the one thing that can't be denied is every year UK had made the tournament under Cal, he has them playing their best come tournament time. So when this team is starting to show improvements like they have. Then yes saying they look more like an NIT contender is just silly imo.
February 20, 20179 yr Focus, focus, focus. What I said is that they are playing like an NIT contender - not that they will be an NIT contender. They have struggled twice against a team that may actually be an NIT contender. Comprende? It's a bad take either way. Understand?
February 20, 20179 yr It's a bad take either way. Understand?Yes, I understand now. The end of the world is near. This UK fan thought that the Cats played poorly against Georgia and had the audacity to say so. Quick, hit that dislike button again. That'll show me. :lol2:
February 20, 20179 yr We disagree. I don't think a top 15 team would have struggled against Georgia, who will not make the field of 64, and which was playing without its best player for all but two minutes. Not only did UK struggle, it also went into OT to beat GA at home. A game without their stud PG and Bam barely played cause of foul trouble. In the end, they won both games. Give it a rest.
February 20, 20179 yr Yes, I understand now. The end of the world is near. This UK fan thought that the Cats played poorly against Georgia and had the audacity to say so. Quick, hit that dislike button again. That'll show me. :lol2: :cry: Acting like they are an NIT caliber team because of two games is stupid. Clearly they aren't playing their best. Georgia has played a lot of close games. They played FL close. I guess they should be worried about getting embarrassed in the NCAA tourney too. Like I said, bad take.
February 20, 20179 yr :cry: Acting like they are an NIT caliber team because of two games is stupid Even more so when the won those two games. And one was without their starting PG and C (75% of the game). Our 2012 Championship team and then Towns, Booker and that bunch spoiled too many.
February 20, 20179 yr Georgia also play competitive games against Kansas, Florida and South Carolina. Those are clearly NIT teams now.
February 20, 20179 yr Georgia also play competitive games against Kansas, Florida and South Carolina. Those are clearly NIT teams now. Gonna be a lot of embarrassment in this tournament.
February 20, 20179 yr Georgia has always played UK tough. Ever sine Fox took over there. Two years ago, the undefeated Cats scrapped out an 11 point victory at home over Georgia, and then eeked out an 8 point victory in Athens in a game in which Georgia led by 9 with under 9 to play. Some teams are just bad match-ups and the style that Fox plays is just tough for the Cats. Nothing more, nothing less.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.