Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 82 Georgia 77

Featured Replies

Final tough win, but the way we played defense we probably deserved to lose, but we kept battling and stepping up to the challenge. I did like seeing that!

  • Replies 94
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll take the road win. The D isn't as improved as I thought. But I'll take a road win against a tough Georgia squad.

When Kentucky got punched in the teeth tonight, they punched back. That's a great sign moving forward.

Final tough win, but the way we played defense we probably deserved to lose, but we kept battling and stepping up to the challenge. I did like seeing that!

 

I am not as upset with the defense as some of you all were in the update thread. Some of those shots Frazier and Georgia made today were crazy tough shots that were contested and they still made them.

 

Let's not forget we had a tiny pg last year who also was able to get into the lane anytime he wanted in Ullis. Frazier was in the zone and making plays even when we had good defense on him. Then the few plays we did play zone they still drove the lane and got layups.

Much better finish without Briscoe on the court.

When Kentucky got punched in the teeth tonight, they punched back. That's a great sign moving forward.

 

Exactly that is what I take the most from this game. It was a road game in a tough environment, with the opposing team having a player making crazy shots. Yet every time our guys responded and ended up making more plays than Georgia to win it. Plus made free throws!

Much better finish without Briscoe on the court.

 

Fox needs to play with the mentality he had those last few minutes all game. Just like Frazier for them, he is capable of getting to the lane at will even in a half court game. That just opens everything up when he does that.

  • Author
I am not as upset with the defense as some of you all were in the update thread. Some of those shots Frazier and Georgia made today were crazy tough shots that were contested and they still made them.

 

Let's not forget we had a tiny pg last year who also was able to get into the lane anytime he wanted in Ullis. Frazier was in the zone and making plays even when we had good defense on him. Then the few plays we did play zone they still drove the lane and got layups.

 

I agree he did make some tough shots but earlier in the half I feel we could have went zone and it would have been a lot tougher for him to get in the paint especially with his size. That is what I had the problem with midway through the 2nd half Georgia had 9 out of 13 possessions where they either scored or drew a foul. I just feel if the Cats mixed it up with some zone he could have taken Frazier out of his rhythm.

Free throw shooting was huge, and I thought Hawkins played well off the bench.

Fox needs to play with the mentality he had those last few minutes all game. Just like Frazier for them, he is capable of getting to the lane at will even in a half court game. That just opens everything up when he does that.

And we actually have some shooters on the court with Briscoe out.

Free throw shooting was huge, and I thought Hawkins played well off the bench.

But Cals teams don't free throws. I'm confused.

Fox needs to play with the mentality he had those last few minutes all game. Just like Frazier for them, he is capable of getting to the lane at will even in a half court game. That just opens everything up when he does that.

 

His aggressiveness really picked up after Briscoe fouled out. Might be a correlation.

  • Author
Free throw shooting was huge, and I thought Hawkins played well off the bench.

 

Agreed I thought Mulder played well also.

Big props to Willis on the glass tonight. Need that all the time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.