Tates Creek/Henry Clay fight

LVGambla32

During my teaching days I always thought it was easier to break up a fight between boys than girls. With boys usually one will back off after a punch or so but with girls after the punches are thrown there's the eventual wrestling on the floor with death grips on each other's hair, while continuing to punch with one fist and kick with the legs. I've come out of some of those struggles with a few bruises myself.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the history of violence between these two programs, why was the officiating so loose? Look at the beginning of the play, notice the girl going to the basket is being arm barred the entire way. In this type of game, given the history, you can't let calls like this go. You have to call every thing, even if teams don't have enough kids to finish. 3 officials on the court and not one can see a girl being arm barred for over 20 feet?

During my teaching days I always thought it was easier to break up a fight between boys than girls. With boys usually one will back off after a punch or so but with girls after the punches are thrown there's the eventual wrestling on the floor with death grips on each other's hair, while continuing to punch with one fist and kick with the legs. I've come out of some of those struggles with a few bruises myself.

Girls get dirty and hold grudges and get super duper emotional in these situations, much more so than guys. I would say that's my opinion but I believe that's pretty much fact. Those girl fights can get pretty darn ugly.