Tates Creek/Henry Clay fight

LVGambla32

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are aware that the game was called due to a fight between some of the players. The video is circulating on Twitter and local news sites. We will not discuss the fight or post a link to the video in the High School Forum or any where since juveniles are involved due to Rule #9

9. No discussion of ANY criminal behavior (charged or uncharged) in the high school forums. Discussion of adult criminal behavior is permitted in all non-high school forums. However, discussion of criminal behavior by juveniles (anyone under 18) is never permitted anywhere on BGP.

Since most of these players are indeed juveniles, we must refrain from discussing due to the possibility of charges that could be filed.

Thank you for your understanding

Jumper_Dad

From a referee standpoint and without talking about any particular players:

Interesting to see the one official down on the floor in the middle of it. Many officials are instructed to just take numbers for the report and to NOT get in the middle of it - for their own good.

Interesting to see the one official down on the floor in the middle of it. Many officials are instructed to just take numbers for the report and to NOT get in the middle of it - for their own good.

I was lucky enough to never have something like this happen in my officiating career, but I was always instructed to "sit back and observe" and make mental notes of numbers involved, coaches involved and people coming off the bench.

I'm sure that is the best plan of action but it seems that it would be hard to see a kid getting attacked and not try to help.