Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kansas 79 Kentucky 73

Featured Replies

Calipari: 637-188 (.772)

 

Self: 611-189 (.764)

 

Each has one title.

  • Replies 107
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The end of the first half is what lost the game not the horrible 2nd half.

 

@ 3:38 left in the 1st half, we needed 4 points to get to 35 and get free Cane's. End of the half, we were still at 31 points. I knew when we didn't win the free chicken that we weren't going to win this game. :taz:

Cals teams also are historically bad at the charity stripe and when his team is bad there they usually stay bad there. That cost him a championship in Memphis and a few of his teams here lost in March because of that very thing, this team is no different.

 

They are close to 70% as a team.

UK is nothing but a developmental team for next level and not real sure they are getting what they deserve from coaching standpoint......UK just needs to drop out of the collegiate level and play summer hoops with other NBA developmental teams and send Cal with them.....then we could get a real college coach and resume playing real college hoops once again

:lol2: :lol2:

@ 3:38 left in the 1st half, we needed 4 points to get to 35 and get free Cane's. End of the half, we were still at 31 points. I knew when we didn't win the free chicken that we weren't going to win this game. :taz:

First time all year with no free Canes :down:

I love the fact that Cal can't coach since he's only won one title in 7 years. Bill Self is so much better with his one title in 13 years. Cal has twice as many final fours than Self in just about half the time. But Self can really coach, way better than Cal. It's not like Self is recruiting a bunch of nobody's.

 

It's just the classic rhetoric, got out played, out coached, the other team wanted it more. Blah blah.

I love the fact that Cal can't coach since he's only won one title in 7 years. Bill Self is so much better with his one title in 13 years. Cal has twice as many final fours than Self in just about half the time. But Self can really coach, way better than Cal. It's not like Self is recruiting a bunch of nobody's.

 

What is funny is how so many think "only" winning ONE NC is an indictment of a coach...this just in...it is REAL HARD to win a NC...the other teams recruit and practice too...

While I'm a Cal guy, I think that the problem most sane fans have is his stubbornness. Like him or not, he'll win or lose his way. Same problems carry over year to year, lack of change ups defensively, poor free throw shooting, poor 3 point shooting, etc.

 

Coach K, Pitino, Self, etc. reinvent themselves. Cal doesn't. UK is always in the hunt for the ring, so in all honesty it doesn't matter. Just perception. JMO though. Short of Coach K there is no obvious upgrade.

Two words. Brad Stevens.

 

I hope that when Stevens eventually returns to the college level after leading Boston to an NBA title or two, which I believe he will, that he will land at Kentucky and not Indiana. IMO, there is no better basketball coach on any level.

I love the fact that Cal can't coach since he's only won one title in 7 years. Bill Self is so much better with his one title in 13 years. Cal has twice as many final fours than Self in just about half the time. But Self can really coach, way better than Cal. It's not like Self is recruiting a bunch of nobody's.

 

13 former players on NBA rosters and Jackson will be a top 4-6 pick.

What is funny is how so many think "only" winning ONE NC is an indictment of a coach...this just in...it is REAL HARD to win a NC...the other teams recruit and practice too...

 

I contend it's hard to get out of the first weekend. Been saying that for years.

I know grass is illegal and I agree he should be disciplined but I'm not really that bothered by it

Two words. Brad Stevens.

 

I hope that when Stevens eventually returns to the college level after leading Boston to an NBA title or two, which I believe he will, that he will land at Kentucky and not Indiana. IMO, there is no better basketball coach on any level.

 

I like Stevens. Wouldn't mind if he landed in Lexington.

Lol

 

I agree it's hard to win one NC.

 

I also agree that most U.K. Fans are nuts.

Even Matt Jones, who's on Cal's payroll said Cal got out coached.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.