Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kansas 79 Kentucky 73

Featured Replies

Also "millionaires row" at Rupp needs to go.

  • Replies 107
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The atmosphere at Rupp is 10x better in the upper level.

People can preach defensive efficiency and KenPom all they want but I'll say it...Kentucky is absolutely terrible defensively.

People can preach defensive efficiency and KenPom all they want but I'll say it...Kentucky is absolutely terrible defensively.

 

And I'm starting to wonder if they will ever get it right. If not by end of January, then when?

I thought that UK's careless turnovers and also allowing Kansas too many second chance points cost them the game today.

And I'm starting to wonder if they will ever get it right. If not by end of January, then when?

 

It's just not clicking yet. They couldn't play dead in a Western on the defensive end right now.

People can preach defensive efficiency and KenPom all they want but I'll say it...Kentucky is absolutely terrible defensively.

 

Bam was really bad defensively today. He leaves his man to help when he shouldn't, which usually leads to a dunk or an easy put back.

Bam was really bad defensively today. He leaves his man to help when he shouldn't, which usually leads to a dunk or an easy put back.

 

KU ate Fox alive too.

U.K. was looking really good, were basically dominating the game until B. Self went to the zone. That (zone defense) combined with not a running game or slow down but a controlled, disciplined offense beats Kentucky. Kansas has an experienced, disciplined team and it shows.

U.K. ...to put it mildly was lost in the 2nd half, probably the worst half of basketball the Cats have played in not only this season but in quite a while. Mixing in the regular zone with the triangle + 2 made the Cats look really lost, bad. I don't know if and would certainly think that Cal was giving them instructions on what to do vs. the triangle + 2 and they just weren't executing or what but it was ugly. Monk had 12 I believe at one point in the first half and then stood around like a deer in the headlights the rest of the way. I was glad to see D. Willis have a decent game.

Kudos to B. Self and Kansas, they are clearly the better team.

Kansas shot 50% from the field. That's bad for us right? I think that's bad.

It's just not clicking yet. They couldn't play dead in a Western on the defensive end right now.

 

They couldn't guard a statue of Lebron. The statue would go for 30 and 10.

And I'm starting to wonder if they will ever get it right. If not by end of January, then when?

 

It's simple what reason did the players have to buy in that they need to play better defensively. When they were scoring 95 a game and winning most games by double digits.

 

These losses now show the players that hey we have to do other things to win at this level. So while it may be the end of January, UK right now is experiencing what others deal with earlier. So there is plenty of time to fix it before March. Won't be a quick improvement and it doesn't have to be. They need to start making little gains each week and be at their best in March.

Bill Self with no capable big man came to Rupp and won.

That alone speaks volumes and the problems this team has. When you have such a one dimensional team coming in and you make their weak link look like the countries best then you are in serious trouble. I heard Kansas had no inside game...UK helped them discover it.

Anyone else notice this year when D Willis has a good game the Cats lose? Don't know the reason but I thought it was interesting.

Kansas has 1/3rd of their team dealing with rape allegations and their backup big man suspended. And they still came to Rupp Arena and won.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.