Pleasure Ridge Park 51 Doss 47

Was at game and it was a tale of two halves. Doss played zone first half and PRP struggled only getting 20 points. Doss did not score much better with 26-20 lead, but seemed in control. In the 2nd half Doss went man to man which allowed PRP's Trey Hill to get to the basket or foul line almost at will. He ended up with 18 on game and Doss got behind after only scoring 4 points in 3rd quarter. Behind Jaylon Hall they tried to make a comeback in the 4th, but his 3 point shot when it was 50-47 came up short right before the buzzer.

Both teams struggled against the respective zones being played, but PRP took advantage of a poor 3rd quarter from Doss.

These are two teams we can't quite put a finger on as far as how good they are. This was not a well played game at all for two teams competing for regional title.

They may be up & down, but on any given night can beat anyone in the state as they each have the talent. Sometimes two good teams just neutralize each other and the results look ugly. I am surprised the zone defenses worked best against each other. I understand Coach Williams frustration with the refs, but I do not understand why he went man to man after holding PRP to 20 points in the 1st half and keeping Trey Hill in check. They went man to man in the 2nd half and Hill took over the game as Doss did not have anyone who could stay in front of him.

They may be up & down, but on any given night can beat anyone in the state as they each have the talent. Sometimes two good teams just neutralize each other and the results look ugly. I am surprised the zone defenses worked best against each other. I understand Coach Williams frustration with the refs, but I do not understand why he went man to man after holding PRP to 20 points in the 1st half and keeping Trey Hill in check. They went man to man in the 2nd half and Hill took over the game as Doss did not have anyone who could stay in front of him.

My guess would be that his ego won't allow him to take the blame.

Tony Williams took to Twitter after the game and blamed officials.

I feel that's a clown move. And all it does is teach your players to be victims.

What will be the excuse next time?

Criticizing officials on social media is a no no. The KHSAA has suspended coaches in the past.