Florida State 73 Louisville 68

Getslow

Final.

Cardinals kept getting close through the second half but couldn't get over the hump.

With Quentin Snider out, it would be nice for Mitchell to have shown up to this one, but he got into foul trouble and couldn't get off the bench.

I kept saying to myself that if UL could take the lead, they'd win. Just never could get there.

ACC is brutal.

UofL has had teams that were good enough to face this gauntlet, by especially with Quentin hurt, this team isn't one of them.

They'll need a lot of luck to to have big showings in the ACC and NCAA tournaments. When healthy, this looks to me like a team capable of making the semifinals of the ACC Tournament and an Elite 8, but not more.

Maybe when Snider comes back I'll be proven wrong, but it's such a poor shooting team that I just don't see it.

Shooting is definitely an issue, but there aren't a lot of world beaters out there either.

Probably get the W today with Snider healthy. Not getting anything from Mitchell was a killer too.

They have to stop sleepwalking through the first five minutes of games. Went down early to Clemson and it didn't matter; did it today and that 14-0 hole proved too deep to climb out of.

Relatively encouraged by the result. Hicks has proved that he can spell Q when he comes back and Cards can survive. Just needs to be a bit smarter with the finishes when he drives. Others need to get in a position to receive the ball. Facing big defenders, he needs to dish rather than shoot.

Mathiang was very good yesterday. Maybe losing his starting spot is firing him up. Some good offensive moves and actually finished at the rim.

Johnson and Spalding also played well on the inside and maybe can take the next step.

Mahmoud was awful but we've seen flashes from him in the past. Hopefully that was a blip.

Levitch was OUTSTANDING. Never thought I'd see Levitch being subbed for Mitchell defense for offense, but foul trouble was the reason for that.

Mitchell still hasn't reached his potential. Without Q, he's even more of the "go to" guy and didn't handle it well. A few drives when other defenders came to him, there were easy dishes for dunks that he missed and shot the ball anyway. Forced a few shots on critical late possessions trying to be "the guy" when a pass would have been the right move.

Didn't expect a win at FSU so not particularly disappointed. Need to win the games they are supposed to.

This game was Florida State's 6th in a row against a top 25 opponent. They finished that stretch 5-1. Impressive stuff from the Seminoles.

These Seminoles are certainly impressive. In years past they typically fold at the midway point of the season, no matter how good they looked early on. As recently as a couple weeks ago, I even mentioned that I would expect that to happen at any point. Now that I've seen them play a few games, I'm not so sure that's going to happen this season.

This game exposed Louisville physically much like Virginia does. Mahmoud was ineffective because he didn't match up. He got shoved around. Hicks played good but hasn't had enough time at a big school and what it takes to win at the ACC level. Every time we needed a big shot he forced something or we got a bad shot from someone else. Everyone keeps wanting VJ king to play more but he gets beat defensively constantly. Haven't always been a big Levitch fan but he was our best player on offense. Surprised he wasn't in at the end. Spaulding taking off on the break with the ball up one and turning it over was crucial. Cards have to execute down the stretch on the road in ACC or they will lose again.