Controversial Nevada land near Bundy ranch made into National Monument

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't like the government controlling all this land regardless of the reason.

Then buy it from the government. Isn't that the way capitalism works? I don't think there's a big move to purchase it is there?

Agreed.

But do you really think a lot of people will be looking to buy a lot of that land?

Well....

Preppers.... an article about Daniel Boone NF.

Strategic Relocation Briefing---Kentucky and the Daniel Boone National Forest

"Kentucky and Tennessee are a couple of my favorite states for relocation for those already in the East looking for safety. They are both in or beyond the Appalachian chain of mountains which will channel refugee flows coming from the east into known highway corridors, which can be strategically avoided. First, let me offer some general comments about Kentucky, which is a very diverse state, with 13 distinct geographic regions, each with their good points and bad.

..."

A bit of digging and one finds that though the Daniel Boone NF is shown all in red in the map I posted earlier, over half and maybe about only 1/3 of it is actually owned by the Feds.

Here is a map from Wikipedia. The green is owned by the feds, the white is still in private hands. Apparently they set a boundry to create the public-owned (federal owned) land and try to buy up land as they have funds for. I do not know if the fed gets first right of refusal when one sell land inside of the boundry.

Boone_National_Forest_Bounds_2016.png

Who knows. To assume that there would be no bidders would be shortsighted in my opinion.

Ill bet there is crude under the land. There are places you cant get a drilling permit past a certain depth that the government has the rights to. You might want to drill to say 3500 feet, but the government owns the rights past 2200 feet so you are out no matter who owns the land. The Feds hand is far reaching.