Open Job: Morgan County

Bball Legend

2Gs? And they let the old HFC go that was there for 9 years? I'm sorry sounds like he was a very dedicated coach to be there for 2Gs a year...they won't find someone else that will do that unless they are fresh out of college or they are using MC for a stepping stone...setting up the program for failure is what it sounds like to me...maybe there is moreto the story...anyone?

I'm guessing $1000-$1250. Not enough to deal with the stress and headaches that is for sure.

It's hard to keep people around for that price. Most don't do it for the money but you can't underpay them and expect them to keep coming back.

2Gs? And they let the old HFC go that was there for 9 years? I'm sorry sounds like he was a very dedicated coach to be there for 2Gs a year...they won't find someone else that will do that unless they are fresh out of college or they are using MC for a stepping stone...setting up the program for failure is what it sounds like to me...maybe there is moreto the story...anyone?

He was not dedicated at all. I know he stayed there 9 years, but he was not a dedicated coach. Not good with the kids at all, hence the low #'s. Morgan finished with 15 players in their last 4 games this season. Not much work done in the off season, where kids should be getting stronger. I am quite certain that Turner made more than $2k a year. He was not involved in the youth football league in the county, which was part of his job duties. He never attended any middle school games, or 3/4, 5/6 grade games.He argued with fans during the games this past season on several occasions.. He called the fans morons on the air, and was reprimanded for it and made to publicly apologize. He lost respect from parents and kids, due to his personal actions. Can't discuss publicly here, but you can imagine. Regardless of the struggles that may continue for a few years this is honestly the best thing to happen to the program. Some of our best football players and athletes in the school refused to play the past few years for him. Having 15 players dressed, not due to injury keep in mind is not what the program needed. A fresh face will do nothing but help. The kids just basically refused to play for him. Several key players and starters from the previous year just said they couldn't stand playing for him anymore.