Caldwell County 31 Lone Oak 21

PtownDude

Outstanding win for the Tigers.

Caldwell led 28-0 through three quarters before Lone Oak unleashed an incredible aerial assault in the last quarter to making things interesting.

Man, are there going to be some fun games in 2A's 1st District this season. Still to come, Trigg-Ft. Campbell, Caldwell-Trigg, Caldwell-Ft. Campbell, Lone Oak-Trigg, Lone Oak-Ft. Campbell.

Game story...

http://www.timesleader.net/articles/stories/public/200609/09/4hpp_sports.html

Congrats on the win. Don't you love the nailbiters? :D

Caldwell is playing real well. Seems that different players have been stepping up each week, which can make a team dangerous to prepare for. This game in 2 weeks with Trigg County will be a dandy. It is shaping up to be another classic in the long standing rivalry.

Ptown Dude, I got from the article that Lone Oak shot themselves in the foot several times (penalties, 10 men on the field). Are they a little on the 'raw' side or did they just have some bad luck?

Hats off to Caldwell County as they simply outplayed Lone Oak. Caldwell has much improved since I watched them play Mayfield in the Alliance Bowl. Lone Oak came out of the gate out of sync & couldn't run the ball against a solid Caldwell County defense. I thought Caldwell did an excellent job on play calling & spreading the ball out & made the Lone Oak defense pay. The win puts Caldwell in great shape for the district & Lone Oak definetly behind the 8 ball. A rematch is possibly in the playoffs but Lone Oak must develop a running game or they will not make the playoffs. Good luck Tigers the rest of the season & hopefully our paths will cross again in November.

The Lone Oak I saw in the fourth quarter looked dangerous. Not sure why they didn't unleash the passing game sooner.

Lone Oak just looked out of it the first three quarters. And Caldwell looked pretty good.

Lone Oak is certainly capable of giving Trigg and/or Ft. Campbell a run for their money. Like I said earlier, should be a lot of fun.

The Lone Oak I saw in the fourth quarter looked dangerous. Not sure why they didn't unleash the passing game sooner.

Lone Oak just looked out of it the first three quarters. And Caldwell looked pretty good.

Lone Oak is certainly capable of giving Trigg and/or Ft. Campbell a run for their money. Like I said earlier, should be a lot of fun.

They tried to unleash the passing game in the first 3 quarters, but Caldwell eliminated it with their pass rush. Barnes managed this game well.

Lone Oak's passing game was productive at times, but the fumbles, sacks and holding penalties offset a lot of big plays. Some of it was Lone Oak shooting themselves in the foot, but a lot of it was Caldwell's defense. They really got pressure on Robinson and stuffed the running game.

The problem for Lone Oak is the offensive line, which has good size but was awful for most of the game. Until the Flash can establish a running game, they will have a hard time scoring against good defenses.

I hope Rodney Bell noticed that Caldwell's offense didn't seem to miss him all that much. Cameron Williams showed that he's every bit the playmaker that Bell is, and maybe even more so. The Tittle kid had a heck of a game, too. I loved the way he positioned himself inside two defenders to catch the pass that set up the Tigers' first touchdown.