Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Protests?

Featured Replies

I can see them now. I was having display problems on my phone. Just don't like me, do ya? REALLY wish I'd just go away, dontcha?

 

No I really have no issues with you. You seem bitter. I wish you didnt.

  • Replies 410
  • Views 51.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not denouncing peaceful protests. I'm denouncing the temper tantrums, riots and hissy fits that are being called protests. As to the peaceful ones, I don't get it, I admit. What are they protesting? Their candidate not winning? Seems pointless to me.

 

I don't participate in protests like that either. I agree it's pointless. But, someone pointed out somewhere on BGP, some people protest as keyboard cowboys, some march...Me...I'm past the point of protesting at all. I'm ready to get to the business of trying to get through the next 4 years and working to shape the years beyond.

No I really have no issues with you. You seem bitter. I wish you didnt.

 

I'm not bitter at all. I'm even now past the disappointment. But, I do still have opinions, and they likely will still be at odds with most of the rest of y'all. And I'll still stand my ground for what I believe in.

I'm not bitter at all. I'm even now past the disappointment. But, I do still have opinions, and they likely will still be at odds with most of the rest of y'all. And I'll still stand my ground for what I believe in.

 

As you should. Thats your right. You are probably not as far off with some of us as you might think. We just like to argue. And you do to. :thumb:

I don't participate in protests like that either. I agree it's pointless. But, someone pointed out somewhere on BGP, some people protest as keyboard cowboys, some march...Me...I'm past the point of protesting at all. I'm ready to get to the business of trying to get through the next 4 years and working to shape the years beyond.
Glad to see you're not a Snowflake.

 

Seriously though, that's how adults handle things. These college kids have a lot of maturing to do. They need to learn to do what you're doing. They don't have to like that they lost, they don't have to like who their president is, but they need to learn to accept it and move on.

Glad to see you're not a Snowflake.

 

Seriously though, that's how adults handle things. These college kids have a lot of maturing to do. They need to learn to do what you're doing. They don't have to like that they lost, they don't have to like who their president is, but they need to learn to accept it and move on.

 

I can't speak for all protests, but the Louisville protest wasn't just college kids. It was a really diverse group, age, gender, color...

 

Louisville has a pretty healthy liberal community though, and has had for a long time. It's the bane of All Tell's existence. :lol2: The lone victory for me at the national level for me is that John Yarmuth was reelected. I notice All Tell didn't mention that in his comments about the results of this election. :D

Because it's America, I still have rights, I have a BGP membership, I'm not suspended...because I damn well can.

 

Why so sensitive and angry?

Why so sensitive and angry?

 

Not sensitive or angry. You asked a question and I answered it.

Not sensitive or angry. You asked a question and I answered it.

 

Lots of hostility says otherwise..

Lots of hostility says otherwise..

 

No hostility. Simple, straightforward...

No hostility. Simple, straightforward...

 

Sure :lol2:

These aren't protests, these are temper tantrums. A young generation (for the most part) that feels entitled and can't handle not getting their way. A generation that needs coloring books, puppy videos and a "safe" place or room when they're feeling overwhelmed. :rolleyes:

 

Had a name for guys like that back in my day...won't pass the word filter here though.:)

I can't speak for all protests, but the Louisville protest wasn't just college kids. It was a really diverse group, age, gender, color...

 

The older ones are the people I blame for the Snowflake Generation. :lol2:

 

Out of curiosity, did everyone get a participation trophy for attending the "protest"?

The older ones are the people I blame for the Snowflake Generation. :lol2:

 

Out of curiosity, did everyone get a participation trophy for attending the "protest"?

 

No we did get orange slices and Capri Sun. No budget for medals.

No we did get orange slices and Capri Sun. No budget for medals.

 

:lol2: I'm liking you more and more! You have a great sense of humor!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.