Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Protests?

Featured Replies

Some. Cmon man they have been pushing for this for years. Wiki leaks even exposed clinton saying there is no way to vette people who come from countries that are third world in nature yet we tried to increase allowing them in. You can't spin that. The left owns the open border policies and that's not even debatable. Again it's a full blown agenda is to add to the democratic voter blocks even if it harms the country. Nobody should be for open borders but we have been pushing this way for a while. I'm glad somebody is going to pull the emergency brake on this runaway train. I'm glad to hear you think of country first. Truly am. I hope we can streamline the process of immigration withought sacrificing safety. For the record if Mexico had a flourishing economy and my family was here starving. I would jump the fence. I just wouldn't expect to be sheltered from the consequences of that decision if I got caught. I have a conscious and heart, ultimately though the rule of law must be enforced. So deportation of all illegals who continue to abuse our laws need to be deported. The border secured, then we can debate on what to do with the families that are here working and not breaking anymore laws.

 

You keep using examples of politicians to support the idea that liberal Americans support open borders, but this just isn't the case. Americans both liberal and conservative support immigration laws.

 

We are in agreement of immigration laws, (we meaning you and I), and it's acceptable that we agree on this. I don't take issue with agreeing with you on stuff if we actually do, and I don't feel the need to make sure that by the end of the discussion we are again divided on it.

 

Lets just be clear about who we are talking about here, and if it's the American people, both sides left and right have no agenda to freely wave everybody trough without them first following legal guidelines.

  • Replies 410
  • Views 51.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You keep using examples of politicians to support the idea that liberal Americans support open borders, but this just isn't the case. Americans both liberal and conservative support immigration laws.

 

We are in agreement of immigration laws, (we meaning you and I), and it's acceptable that we agree on this. I don't take issue with agreeing with you on stuff if we actually do, and I don't feel the need to make sure that by the end of the discussion we are again divided on it.

 

Lets just be clear about who we are talking about here, and if it's the American people, both sides left and right have no agenda to freely wave everybody trough without them first following legal guidelines.

 

Yes we agree, but if we support those politicians with our votes then we in defacto support their agenda and ecourage them to continue by our continued support in the form of votes. That was the point I was trying to make. We do agree. But that support by most of the nation is why we had the election results we did this time ( not just the Pres). It was a revolt on current policy direction. I'm conservative on security and fiscal matters. To be honest more moderate to liberal socially as I believe in a free country everyone has the right to live and do as they wish as long as it's not pushed upon others or harmful to others. How people choose to live, act, worship or just plain be is personal and that's what makes this country great. We have the freedom to make those personal choices. Are we perfect, no, but I believe we are getting there. Unfortunately America gets polarized by issues and intolerance of those we don't agree with. We all have been guilty of that.

You would be wrong in your assessment that Liberals are for open borders.

 

B-Ball-Fan, would you agree that without a proper physical barrier along the Mexican/US border, that illegals will continue to pour into the U. S.?

B-Ball-Fan, would you agree that without a proper physical barrier along the Mexican/US border, that illegals will continue to pour into the U. S.?

 

I believe in stiff border control and that people should go through the proper legal channels to become American citizens.

 

If I wanted to become a citizen of another country I would expect the same.

 

I've never seen the borders with my own eyes, but I was under the impression that years ago they were tightly guarded.

 

Recent history has shown that our country has been dramatically loose regarding this.

 

Growing up in Covington and never seeing Mexicans as a kid, but now seeing them very frequently tells me this leniency has given way to this.

 

I don't hate them as a people, but I have a hunch many of them are not here legally.

 

I don't know exactly the solution for this or how practical it would be to have a physical barrier throughout the entire border, and perhaps it can be done. I'm not sure how we can demand Mexico to cover the cost. I don't oppose barriers if it can be done.

 

Now that so many are here the problem is complex regarding their offspring and separating them. We've allowed this to happen through the leniency, but I can say with certainty that this more obvious upswing has been going on for at least the last 20 years and not just within the present administration.

 

First and foremost I'm for sending the criminals back home first, and encouraging the illegals to apply legally, and after a certain alloted amount of time those who don't who had the opportunity it's on them if they didn't do it responsibly, and it's their own fault if they are shown the door.

Yes we agree, but if we support those politicians with our votes then we in defacto support their agenda and ecourage them to continue by our continued support in the form of votes. That was the point I was trying to make. We do agree. But that support by most of the nation is why we had the election results we did this time ( not just the Pres). It was a revolt on current policy direction. I'm conservative on security and fiscal matters. To be honest more moderate to liberal socially as I believe in a free country everyone has the right to live and do as they wish as long as it's not pushed upon others or harmful to others. How people choose to live, act, worship or just plain be is personal and that's what makes this country great. We have the freedom to make those personal choices. Are we perfect, no, but I believe we are getting there. Unfortunately America gets polarized by issues and intolerance of those we don't agree with. We all have been guilty of that.

 

Yes we agree on all of this. Our discussion began when I pointed out that the meme was misleading suggesting that liberal Americans were for open borders. Many people both left and right do not believe that enough has been done to enforce proper guidelines and the majority are in agreement that something needs to be done.

I've never seen the borders with my own eyes, but I was under the impression that years ago they were tightly guarded.

 

Actually the majority of the US / Mexican border doesn't even have so much as a fence. The border patrol officers can only do so much. I haven't been down there in about 8 years but at that time it was not uncommon to see large groups of illegals crossing in broad daylight. Getting into this country illegally at least at that time was not very difficult.

 

I found some information on Wikipedia (not sure if accurate) which stated that off the almost 2,000 miles of border between the two countries a little under 700 miles was fenced. And a lot of that fencing has probably been constructed in the last 10 to 20 years.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.