Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Protests?

Featured Replies

I'm watching protests on TV right now. They are protesting in front of Trump Hotels and other places. Sorry your person lost. I'm currently embarrassed. Has this happened before ? Who are they mad at? Those that elected him? Those that didn't? Sorry you lost. Didn't see Cleveland protesting this past week.

  • Replies 410
  • Views 51.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just like I don't care what reasons one uses for choosing who to vote for I do not have a problem with peaceful (key) protests. It's the beauty of our country.

Was the Republican Party this sore of losers in in '08 and '12? Asking for a friend...

Are they being violent? If not, it's their right.

Was the Republican Party this sore of losers in in '08 and '12? Asking for a friend...

 

Many not happy, and I'm sure hateful words were uttered as always; but mass protests--No. Probably because they had to be at work the next morning?? :D

Many not happy, and I'm sure hateful words were uttered as always; but mass protests--No. Probably because they had to be at work the next morning?? :D

 

Not in KY.

I'm ready for these jobs and coal to come back, so we can get these Kentucky Republicans back to work.

Not in KY.

I'm ready for these jobs and coal to come back, so we can get these Kentucky Republicans back to work.

 

Those were all Democrats Hellcats. Know your state at least......just sayin.

Those were all Democrats Hellcats. Know your state at least......just sayin.

 

HRC got 33%...most from the golden triangle. We both know where Trump's votes came from.

 

Best I can tell from reading that, it was less than 100 people did things? While their actions are disgusting, it's still not on the same scale as what we're seeing on National news, not to mention what folks are doing on the internet or in small towns like those in that article. Two wrongs don't make a right.

 

"Most of this movement is not violent, but there is a substantive underbelly that is violent and does try to make a bridge to people who feel disenfranchised," says Brian Levin of the Center for the Study of Hate and Extremism at California State University, San Bernardino. "The question is: Will this swirl become a tornado or just an ill wind? We're not there yet, but there's dust on the horizon, a swirling of wind, and the atmospherics are getting put together for [conflict]."

 

This was a quote from the article. Aside from a handful of racist scumbags, it sounds like the article isn't putting much weight to those folks.

What exactly are they protesting? Democracy?

What exactly are they protesting? Democracy?

 

:lol2: basically. They got use to socialism

What exactly are they protesting? Democracy?

 

I've been watching coverage a little. You'd have to think most of it is frustration. Most of these folks thought they had it won. I can also say that a place like Manhattan or Brooklyn is like an echo chamber; you might never meet a single Trump voter.

 

It's easy to get caught up in the moment when you've never had to see the people that disagree with you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.