November 10, 20169 yr I didn't agree with or vote for President Obama. I am not a Trump supporter by any means, but both were chosen by the people under our election rules. Do the protesters seriously think the election should be over turned? I agree that peaceful protest is 100% within their rights, but it also seems pretty stupid, to be honest.
November 10, 20169 yr I see and talk to people I disagree with on a daily basis. They lost. Im not sure how protesting is going to help that...
November 10, 20169 yr I've been watching coverage a little. You'd have to think most of it is frustration. Most of these folks thought they had it won. I can also say that a place like Manhattan or Brooklyn is like an echo chamber; you might never meet a single Trump voter. It's easy to get caught up in the moment when you've never had to see the people that disagree with you. Probably a lesson to be learned there for Red State voters as well.
November 10, 20169 yr I didn't agree with or vote for President Obama. I am not a Trump supporter by any means, but both were chosen by the people under our election rules. Do the protesters seriously think the election should be over turned? I agree that peaceful protest is 100% within their rights, but it also seems pretty stupid, to be honest. I'm sure they do. How is that different from what Obama faced? His whole first term was occupied with people questioning whether he was even constitutionally qualified to be POTUS. Good part of his second term too. This will likely linger among the extreme left the way it did with the extreme right the past 8 years.
November 10, 20169 yr Best I can tell from reading that, it was less than 100 people did things? While their actions are disgusting, it's still not on the same scale as what we're seeing on National news, not to mention what folks are doing on the internet or in small towns like those in that article. Two wrongs don't make a right. "Most of this movement is not violent, but there is a substantive underbelly that is violent and does try to make a bridge to people who feel disenfranchised," says Brian Levin of the Center for the Study of Hate and Extremism at California State University, San Bernardino. "The question is: Will this swirl become a tornado or just an ill wind? We're not there yet, but there's dust on the horizon, a swirling of wind, and the atmospherics are getting put together for [conflict]." This was a quote from the article. Aside from a handful of racist scumbags, it sounds like the article isn't putting much weight to those folks. Simply pointing out that things happened when Obama won. It wasn't like folks everywhere just sucked it up and went on with their day.
November 10, 20169 yr Though it's hard for me to comprehend how others can't see this, but is it really so hard to see that by comparison to past presidents, Donald is a dramatically controversial polarizing character not typically seen in these circumstances that have many people it utter disbelief that he has been selected to lead our country? I'm not advocating the protests, though as long as they do it peacefully I'm all for their right to do so, but people's reaction to him and his unprecedented questionable journey to the White House shouldn't really be too much of a shock. I absolutely understand those who say the process of democracy has selected him to be the president and that people should just accept this. Under normal circumstances most definitely, but these are not normal circumstances. For or against him, you have to know that he is not your run of the mill elected president, and his sharply unorthodoxed way literally has half the country more angry than they have ever been before regarding a candidate's winning of the presidential election. To them he represents what this country has been trying to rid itself of for years and now it feels like with him, no matter what he said in his victory speech, that the damage is being done to sabotage how far we've come in the modern era, though nowhere near perfect. So many find this step backwards more painful beyond words, and feel that these unusual circumstances can't be taken lying down. Sure there's been various degrees of disapproval during every election, but in this case we have just elected someone that has half the country scared to death that we really screwed up on an astronomical level this time not ever seen in our country's history. Some might argue that they disliked this or that president, but don't even try to compare because it isn't even close. When people can't see just what a radical charter Donald is then that's when it gets really scary, and with him being elected by half of the country, that's what it feels like.
November 10, 20169 yr These aren't protests, these are temper tantrums. A young generation (for the most part) that feels entitled and can't handle not getting their way. A generation that needs coloring books, puppy videos and a "safe" place or room when they're feeling overwhelmed.
November 10, 20169 yr When President Obama was elected, whether I agreed with him or not, I prayed he would be the most successful president in US history. I now pray that President Trump is the most successful president in US history. Part of your party or not part of the party. A successful presidency is good for our nation.
November 10, 20169 yr Eliminate the threats. Force them on a bus to either Canada or Mexico. Always refreshing to read this level of ignorance early in the morning....
November 10, 20169 yr Always refreshing to read this level of ignorance early in the morning.... I'm not the one rioting and burning cars.
November 10, 20169 yr I'm not the one rioting and burning cars. Neither are protesters.... Somebody needs to learn the difference between a protester and a rioter, they aren't one in the same.
November 10, 20169 yr Neither are protesters.... Somebody needs to learn the difference between a protester and a rioter, they aren't one in the same. You better check again. They was vandalizing stores and setting fires in LA lastnight!
November 10, 20169 yr What exactly are they protesting? Democracy? They're mad they won't be getting free college tuition now.
November 10, 20169 yr Neither are protesters.... Somebody needs to learn the difference between a protester and a rioter, they aren't one in the same. Started out protesting then turned to rioting you need to watch the news and pay attention.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.