Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Protests?

Featured Replies

 

Serious question here...

 

A few Trumpsters said that a third party vote was a wasted vote when anti-Trumpsters said they wouldn't vote for Hillary, but rather a third party. In your opinion, in regards to this article, what's the difference between a "wasted" third party vote and not voting at all?

  • Replies 410
  • Views 51.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Serious question here...

 

A few Trumpsters said that a third party vote was a wasted vote when anti-Trumpsters said they wouldn't vote for Hillary, but rather a third party. In your opinion, in regards to this article, what's the difference between a "wasted" third party vote and not voting at all?

 

I guess the biggest thing I drew out of that was where were the others from and how they did get there. Not ignoring your question. I think everyone should vote, rather than not, even if its for a third party candidate that has no chance.

I guess the biggest thing I drew out of that was where were the others from and how they did get there. Not ignoring your question. I think everyone should vote, rather than not, even if its for a third party candidate that has no chance.

 

I don't follow...

I don't follow...

 

At least sixty-nine demonstrators either didn’t turn in a ballot or weren’t registered to vote in the state.

At least sixty-nine demonstrators either didn’t turn in a ballot or weren’t registered to vote in the state.

 

This doesn't answer my question.

This doesn't answer my question.

 

All I got, maybe someone else can help you.

Serious question here...

 

A few Trumpsters said that a third party vote was a wasted vote when anti-Trumpsters said they wouldn't vote for Hillary, but rather a third party. In your opinion, in regards to this article, what's the difference between a "wasted" third party vote and not voting at all?

 

I think if Im allowed to think that the difference is nothing because either way the main candidate isnt getting a vote. All it does is take a vote from the main person, which in the case of this year I think it helped Trump when people voted 3rd party.

All I got, maybe someone else can help you.

 

You don't know what your opinion is on the difference between a "wasted" vote and not voting is?

You don't know what your opinion is on the difference between a "wasted" vote and not voting is?

 

Let me take a stab at it. Early on after Trump's nomination Gary Johnson was seen as the best alternative to him be people more prone to vote establishment Republican, even though he had no shot at winning. I said then that a vote for Johnson was a wasted vote, but a vote none the less even if it had no chance of winning. In this case I think final evidence is showing that more on the left may have voted for Johnson rather then Hillary, then those on the right voting for Trump. It was not totally "wasted" in that it is a meter of dissatisfaction but there was never any real shot that Johnson was going to win. Not voting is just wasting the opportunity.

Let me take a stab at it. Early on after Trump's nomination Gary Johnson was seen as the best alternative to him be people more prone to vote establishment Republican, even though he had no shot at winning. I said then that a vote for Johnson was a wasted vote, but a vote none the less even if it had no chance of winning. In this case I think final evidence is showing that more on the left may have voted for Johnson rather then Hillary, then those on the right voting for Trump. It was not totally "wasted" in that it is a meter of dissatisfaction but there was never any real shot that Johnson was going to win. Not voting is just wasting the opportunity.

 

This. Best I can do one handed in traffic.

This. Best I can do one handed in traffic.

 

My next question then, so I'm not assuming anything... What was your reasoning for posting the link I asked about?

It was a link about the protests. Whats this thread title.

I would think that if Hillary Clinton or Pres. Obama came out and denounced the protest and called them to end that they would. However, in the past 8 years, never once has Obama addressed the country and asked for protesting to stop, "Black Lives Matter" for example. A group that goes into cities and incites racial tension and doesn't even reprsent that city. I understand that freedom of speech is a right . I do feel that we have had a president that has sat back and let tensions rise. Never calling for calm and understanding but adding fuel to a racial divide.

 

If the media stopped putting this garbage on tv and the president denounced it, this country could get down to business and work on what is really important like getting back to creating jobs and being successful and taking care of the good ole US.

How many would protest if there were no cameras or $15 a hour? Thats the million dollar question.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.