Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Protests?

Featured Replies

Did you miss the fact that those were Obama's angry words, which he uttered after he won the presidency? There were no major protests held after Obama became President-elect Obama and I don't recall any anti-Obama riots during the past 8 years. Do you?

 

And I didn't like the words any more then, than I do now. It's counterproductive. We all need to grow up a little and stop with the "well they did it too" stuff. At some point in time, somebody needs to rise above this crap, and stop poking each other with this nonsense.

  • Replies 410
  • Views 51.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And I didn't like the words any more then, than I do now. It's counterproductive. We all need to grow up a little and stop with the "well they did it" stuff.
Well "they" did not riot when Obama was elected. Is it unreasonable to expect liberals to show some grace in the face of defeat?
So much for unity and the calls to work together. This sounds more angry than the people that are protesting. You got to protest, dissent, call names, and fling mud for 8 years. You shouldn't be surprised when it comes back at you.

 

I hope Trump is successful, and things get better over the next 4 years (or more). I'm not a fan of his rhetoric and I hope he can continue to table that (as he has done since winning), and both sides can work together. But it takes an open mind from both sides....not a sit down and shut up attitude.

 

OBAMA SAID IT......... so much for unity, huh.

OBAMA SAID IT......... so much for unity, huh.

 

Yep...didn't work then, and it ain't gonna work now. At some point we need to move past this stuff.

Well "they" did not riot when Obama was elected. Is it unreasonable to expect liberals to show some grace in the face of defeat?

 

It's perfectly reasonable.

It's perfectly reasonable.

 

I would love for this country to come together, but half of them can't hear you or I because they are running around screaming and breaking things, and the person who made the above statement hasn't done a thing to stop it.

I would love for this country to come together, but half of them can't hear you or I because they are running around screaming and breaking things, and the person who made the above statement hasn't done a thing to stop it.

 

You want the country to kowtow to your ideals. You have no interest in compromise. You are exactly why people are protesting.

 

My hope is that President Trump is smart enough, or has smart enough advisors to see that browbeating and bullying isn't going to work.

I would love for this country to come together, but half of them can't hear you or I because they are running around screaming and breaking things, and the person who made the above statement hasn't done a thing to stop it.

 

You may think it's half. But it's nowhere close to that. People only want to pay attention to the extremes.

President Obama said it. It's true today, as well. So, get ready for the constant criticism that will be levied, just as has been true of President Obama's terms. We can't be fired. :D

 

That was a classless statement when President Obama said it and I hope President-Elect Trump doesn't say anything near that.

You want the country to kowtow to your ideals. You have no interest in compromise. You are exactly why people are protesting.

My hope is that President Trump is smart enough, or has smart enough advisors to see that browbeating and bullying isn't going to work.

 

As to the first bold, you have no way of knowing that and that is an inflammatory statement.

 

As to the second bold, the reason they are protesting is because they have no class or grace in defeat. From the ones they have interviewed on the news, CNN MSNBC, FOX, etc. half of them have no clue as to what they are protesting and didn't even bother to vote.

You want the country to kowtow to your ideals. You have no interest in compromise. You are exactly why people are protesting.

 

My hope is that President Trump is smart enough, or has smart enough advisors to see that browbeating and bullying isn't going to work.

 

Stop rioting then we' ll talk about compromise. You do realize the compromise your wanting has been non existent for the last 8 years right. Now that the failed ideology is on the way out your clambering for compromise.... Yeah ok .

That was a classless statement when President Obama said it and I hope President-Elect Trump doesn't say anything near that.
I agree, but I don't recall many liberals complaining about Obama's many attempts to browbeat and bully his political opponents. Hopefully their newly found appreciation for graceful winning is still there the next time one of their candidates is elected.
As to the first bold, you have no way of knowing that and that is an inflammatory statement.

 

As to the second bold, the reason they are protesting is because they have no class or grace in defeat. From the ones they have interviewed on the news, CNN MSNBC, FOX, etc. half of them have no clue as to what they are protesting and didn't even bother to vote.

 

Bingo.... Grand prize for the best and correct answer! To those who didnt know that.....well, Here's your sign.....

I agree, but I don't recall many liberals complaining about Obama's many attempts to browbeat and bully his political opponents. Hopefully their newly found appreciation for graceful winning is still there the next time one of their candidates is elected.

 

Not likely... History says otherwise.

As to the first bold, you have no way of knowing that and that is an inflammatory statement.

 

As to the second bold, the reason they are protesting is because they have no class or grace in defeat. From the ones they have interviewed on the news, CNN MSNBC, FOX, etc. half of them have no clue as to what they are protesting and didn't even bother to vote.

 

YOU are lecturing regarding making statements about what people think and inflammatory statements? That is rich. :lol2:

 

And then you follow it up saying the protesters have no class or grace. As if you hold the knowledge of them. You are something else. :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.