November 13, 20169 yr :thumb: I love the reference to Kellyanne Conway being the first woman to successfully manage a successful American presidential campaign. I honestly believe that Trump would have lost in a landslide had he not replaced Manafort with Conway. Trump ran a very effective campaign in the last couple of weeks before the election, and Kellyanne did an outstanding job in her media appearances on Trump's behalf. I think he would of also. She analyzed the data and knew right where he could win and where the liberals were vunerable..one smart cookie.
November 13, 20169 yr The protestors are a very small but vocal minority. Heck, many of them are just paid agitators who may not even know why the are protesting. What bothers me is that not one democratic leader to my knowledge has called for the violence to stop. Trump cannot say anything or it will just make things worse. I really wish Obama and HRC would call a press conference and say if you respect them at all, feel free to protest but do not block streets, vandalize, etc. Their silence is deafening... Agreed. I would like to see Obama send a message to the unruly ones that their behavior is criminal and unacceptable. Weather anyone sees the logic or not behind the protest, peaceful protesting is within their right and It goes without saying that rioting and violence is not, and the perpetrators should be arrested and thrown in jail. I don't see the logic behind his silence on this considering the problem is so widespread. He's not helping his own image the longer he waits and he's not representing the voice of law abiding citizens who would like nothing more than to see the thuggery stop. He has a duty to speak out against it and personally I'll be terribly disappointed in him if he doesn't.
November 13, 20169 yr Agreed. I would like to see Obama send a message to the unruly ones that their behavior is criminal and unacceptable. Weather anyone sees the logic or not behind the protest, peaceful protesting is within their right and It goes without saying that rioting and violence is not, and the perpetrators should be arrested and thrown in jail. I don't see the logic behind his silence on this considering the problem is so widespread. He's not helping his own image the longer he waits and he's not representing the voice of law abiding citizens who would like nothing more than to see the thuggery stop. He has a duty to speak out against it and personally I'll be terribly disappointed in him if he doesn't. Obama should do more than send a message to the "unruly ones." If he had any class, Obama would urge protesters to go home, respect the results of the democratic process, and give Trump the same respect that his political opponents afforded him before he took office. And by respect, I mean not clogging traffic and impeding working people from getting to the jobs that fund their monthly checks.
November 13, 20169 yr Obama should do more than send a message to the "unruly ones." If he had any class, Obama would urge protesters to go home, respect the results of the democratic process, and give Trump the same respect that his political opponents afforded him before he took office. And by respect, I mean not clogging traffic and impeding working people from getting to the jobs that fund their monthly checks. Just as he diplomatically welcomed Donald to the White House and asked the American people to give him a chance to do his job, I agree that for the sake of allowing the healing to begin to urge the peaceful protesters to go home. I agree with you that it would be the more sensible civilized message to send.
November 13, 20169 yr Guess who said this? To paraphrase elections have consequences, we dont need their input. They can come along for the ride but they don't get to drive. They can sit in the backseat and be quiet. So it sucks to be you when the shoe is on the other foot.
November 13, 20169 yr Guess who said this? To paraphrase elections have consequences, we dont need their input. They can come along for the ride but they don't get to drive. They can sit in the backseat and be quiet. So it sucks to be you when the shoe is on the other foot. President Obama said it. It's true today, as well. So, get ready for the constant criticism that will be levied, just as has been true of President Obama's terms. We can't be fired.
November 13, 20169 yr President Obama said it. It's true today, as well. So, get ready for the constant criticism that will be levied, just as has been true of President Obama's terms. We can't be fired. Fired no, ignored yes.
November 13, 20169 yr At what point do we say enough is enough? These protests can't go on for 4-8 years can they? Police forces are being stretched thin by this. Also, very classy of Trump to open up his tower in Chicago to feed the officers working the rio...protests. I really think Trump will end up being the best president of my lifetime.
November 13, 20169 yr Good luck with that. When the adults are talking the children should mind themselves. Besides, I dont speak , crazy, insanity or stupid. Libs will have to grow up to participate past this point.
November 13, 20169 yr At what point do we say enough is enough? These protests can't go on for 4-8 years can they? Police forces are being stretched thin by this. Also, very classy of Trump to open up his tower in Chicago to feed the officers working the rio...protests. I really think Trump will end up being the best president of my lifetime. Very classy, unlike the silence from our leading antagonists who won't even address that the riots are happening.
November 13, 20169 yr Unfortunately I think the precedent of allowing violent protests was set after Ferguson. Now, it's the solution anytime something doesn't go your way.
November 13, 20169 yr Guess who said this? To paraphrase elections have consequences, we dont need their input. They can come along for the ride but they don't get to drive. They can sit in the backseat and be quiet. So it sucks to be you when the shoe is on the other foot. So much for unity and the calls to work together. This sounds more angry than the people that are protesting. You got to protest, dissent, call names, and fling mud for 8 years. You shouldn't be surprised when it comes back at you. I hope Trump is successful, and things get better over the next 4 years (or more). I'm not a fan of his rhetoric and I hope he can continue to table that (as he has done since winning), and both sides can work together. But it takes an open mind from both sides....not a sit down and shut up attitude.
November 13, 20169 yr When the adults are talking the children should mind themselves. Besides, I dont speak , crazy, insanity or stupid. Libs will have to grow up to participate past this point. Is the adult the one that screams the loudest and refuses to listen to anyone else? Or the one that goes off to the corner and pouts and whines. Seems like there are more children than adults on both sides.
November 13, 20169 yr So much for unity and the calls to work together. This sounds more angry than the people that are protesting. You got to protest, dissent, call names, and fling mud for 8 years. You shouldn't be surprised when it comes back at you. I hope Trump is successful, and things get better over the next 4 years (or more). I'm not a fan of his rhetoric and I hope he can continue to table that (as he has done since winning), and both sides can work together. But it takes an open mind from both sides....not a sit down and shut up attitude. Did you miss the fact that those were Obama's angry words, which he uttered after he won the presidency? There were no major protests held after Obama became President-elect Obama and I don't recall any anti-Obama riots during the past 8 years. Do you?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.