Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Class 2-A Weak?

Featured Replies

Is Hearsay the only voice of unbiased reason? Thank god for the bar KY bar!

 

This whole thread would fall under your objection notes for "speculation," but it does seem that noone shows 2A no love.:D

  • Replies 176
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't have the second part without the first...or else it means nothing. YOU originally said it, not me...

 

I can do anything I want. :p j/k

I watched both finals pretty closely in 2004 ... in my opinion, Belfry and Beechwood would have been a heck of a game. Danville probably would have beaten Belfry soundly in 2003 ... Belfry didn't play well in a turnover-filled game but managed to beat a soft Elizabethtown team. Last season, I think Newport Catholic would have beaten Russell.

 

I'm not saying 2A is weaker than A, but the widespread idea (and some evidence to back it up) that it's closer to A than 3A signifies that it is not a strong overall class.

Is Hearsay the only voice of unbiased reason? Thank god for the bar KY bar!

 

Jeeez, CFJ... this has gotten under your skin !!

 

Believe me, I've been there myself. But listen to me. There is NO convincing someone -even with proof- when they wish to believe something different.

 

Massey showed 2A was actually the comparatively STRONGEST class in the state in 2003 and 2004 (it was based on winning % of all games of a class vs. other classes).

Jeeez, CFJ... this has gotten under your skin !!

 

Believe me, I've been there myself. But listen to me. There is NO convincing someone -even with proof- when they wish to believe something different.

 

Massey showed 2A was actually the comparatively STRONGEST class in the state in 2003 and 2004 (it was based on winning % of all games of a class vs. other classes).

 

 

But they start this crap year after year after year :rolleyes:

Danville beat Mercer in their scrimmage this year although in the interest of full disclosure the contest was cut short due to time. Danville is 3-0 this year. All opponents are 3A schools (Boyle, Pulaski SW, Pulaski County). So to answer your question, yes Danville is good enough to beat the teams you outlined in your post. Does that mean they automatically would? No. But, they are definitely capable of it.

The full disclosure being this......

Danville was down 6-0 with Mercer's JV offense in. Danville pops our JV QB, causes him to fumble, runs it in, kicks the PAT, and promptly ends the scrimmage. It was however a couple minutes shy of 2 hours, so they had no choice. I would LOVE to see Danville and Mercer this year. We'll just have to compare Boyle scores as a poor substitute.

Those ratings are hogwash. They are every year. I don't see how they even print those ratings. Every year they are off base. 2A is not weak. Russell, Mercer, Belfry, Newport, Trigg, Ft. Campbell, Corbin, Middlesboro, ect. I think I've proven my point.

 

Not really...Newport just lost to NCC, which is there only win,,,Didn"t Ft Campbell just get hammered by a less than mediocre Madisonville team..Didn't Belfry lose to an Ashland team who was just coming off a loss to a mediocre 1a team in Raceland...has Corbin really been that impressive...There's 4 of the 8 i can as easily make a point against...I do think in past years, 2a has been given some unfair press about it's strength, but, IMO, this year it seems to be down..I don't see that dominent team like Breathitt was a few yrs ago or Belfry was a little more recently and it seems to be weaker even in the 6-10 rankings, wheras in past years, they've had solid teams in the lower part of the top 10

I would LOVE to see Danville and Mercer this year.
It would be a great game, and the lack of such prompts a question: Why wasn't Danville already on Mercer's schedule, especially given their close proximity to each other? Given the Admirals' history, I doubt that they've been ducking Mercer.
I have suspected all year that Class 2-A is the weakest in the Commonwealth in regard to its top teams. The Lexington Herald-Leader ratings seem to back that up. Its top 25 is made up of 15 Class 4-A teams, 7 Class 3-A teams, 3 Class A teams, and 0 Class 2-A teams.

 

That is interesting and, from results to date, probably correct.

Hear we go again. Wouldn't you know that this would start from some one that does not even have a football program. This changes every year. And with the private VS public thing going on and the all the co-motion with that . It will swing the other way in a matter of years. Come on Scooterbob ????????????? Check all the stats. :fire: :fire: :fire:

In all fairness Old Rambler that could be said in all classes of football! Class A,2A,3A, and 4A, all have excellent teams and they all have really weak teams too! Again that Belfry team of 2004 , could beat anybody I've never seen a High School team so good and I saw the state championships last season!

 

 

They wouldn't have beaten Trinity or St. X in 03,04 or 05.

Actually it was Watusi that said "the top 2a teams would have little or no chance in 3a" see post #7. I was just agreeing. I know Russell and/or Belfry could compete in 3A, but in no way shape or form could they win Regional Championships nearly every year. Russell and Belfry would likely get pounded by Rockcastle and Bell Co. like we do most years. I know that Ashland would have a hard time against Highlands or Cov Cath, thats a given.

 

Belfry and Russell would be very comparable to 3A teams Bell Co. and Rockcastle Co. Switch these teams classes over the past few years and you would see an equal amount of success from each in my opinion.

Not all the teams are weak.. but if you look at the ratings, Fleming Co. is WAY down this year, but ranked #17??

1A, 3A, 4A are all stronger than 1A IMHO!!! Sorry Multi Colored Blazer!!!:sleep: Can't wait for Cubster to chime in.:rolleyes: Belfrey over NCC- sorry its an anomaly-that trip is a killer. I know, because I went to the "Twisted Gun" golf course on a a van last year!!! I wanted to throwup for 2 days!!!:creepy:

Belfry and Russell would be very comparable to 3A teams Bell Co. and Rockcastle Co. Switch these teams classes over the past few years and you would see an equal amount of success from each in my opinion.

I think that is a very fair comparison.

1A, 3A, 4A are all stronger than 1A IMHO!!! Sorry Multi Colored Blazer!!!:sleep: Can't wait for Cubster to chime in.:rolleyes: Belfrey over NCC- sorry its an anomaly-that trip is a killer. I know, because I went to the "Twisted Gun" golf course on a a van last year!!! I wanted to throwup for 2 days!!!:creepy:

Does that mean every team that travels to Belfry has an excuse? The trip is just to hard. I believe NCC new how far they had to travel well before that game was played. I am sure they planned accordingly. That may be the weakest excuse that I have ever heard.:flame:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.