Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Class 2-A Weak?

Featured Replies

:thumb:

Thank you. FBALL, and I hope that Russell has suffered its last defeat for the year. My purpose was to promote discussion and it seems to have worked. How about another discussion as to which player, Clark or Thomas, has the most potential at the next level? I'll take Thomas.

There you go again. While Thomas had the game of his life this past week, that was the first time I have seen him run that hard. Clark on the other hand has been consistantly outstanding week after week for the last two years. The Ashland play calling was also outstanding. Ashland's coaching staff had the Russell defense guessing all night. Ashland knew Clark was getting the ball and most disturbingly, to me anyway, knew exactly where he was going with it.

 

Also, Clark to me is the far better all around player. Offense, Defense, Recieving, Tackling and always there to make the big play. I really don't think its much of an argument. But you take Thomas and I will gladly get stuck with Clark.

 

Nice job of stirring the pot again. I'm sure this point will be heavily debated as well.:argue:

  • Replies 176
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fball, I really feel Belfry is pretty much in the same postion as Russell in the fact that right now they are just trying to get everything in place and working correctly. As everyone knows Belfry and Russell both are great teams even when they are working the kinks out, I for one know Belfry has great potential this year and will be very good come November, as we here on Pond Creek know Russell will be too at that time this year.

:thumb:

:thumb:

There you go again. While Thomas had the game of his life this past week, that was the first time I have seen him run that hard. Clark on the other hand has been consistantly outstanding week after week for the last two years. The Ashland play calling was also outstanding. Ashland's coaching staff had the Russell defense guessing all night. Ashland knew Clark was getting the ball and most disturbingly, to me anyway, knew exactly where he was going with it.

 

Also, Clark to me is the far better all around player. Offense, Defense, Recieving, Tackling and always there to make the big play. I really don't think its much of an argument. But you take Thomas and I will gladly get stuck with Clark.

 

Nice job of stirring the pot again. I'm sure this point will be heavily debated as well.:argue:

 

In essence, isn't this whole site based upon stirring the pot!!!:confused: :thumb: Who would really be on here looking and posting if it was just CNN KY Sports???? I( guarantee that the membership wouldn't be what it is!!! BTW GIAT does have a very large spoon, heck maybe its a ladle!!:D

In essence, isn't this whole site based upon stirring the pot!!!:confused: :thumb: Who would really be on here looking and posting if it was just CNN KY Sports???? I( guarantee that the membership wouldn't be what it is!!! BTW GIAT does have a very large spoon, heck maybe its a ladle!!:D

I was commending him on stirring the pot. It has made for an entertaining thread.;)

 

Back on the subject of traveling to Belfry and the effects. We used to have to make that trip every other year. I have been there many times as a player, a coach, and a fan. I can honestly tell you that the trip never effected the outcome of the contest.

Not really...Newport just lost to NCC, which is there only win,,,Didn"t Ft Campbell just get hammered by a less than mediocre Madisonville team..Didn't Belfry lose to an Ashland team who was just coming off a loss to a mediocre 1a team in Raceland...has Corbin really been that impressive...There's 4 of the 8 i can as easily make a point against...I do think in past years, 2a has been given some unfair press about it's strength, but, IMO, this year it seems to be down..I don't see that dominent team like Breathitt was a few yrs ago or Belfry was a little more recently and it seems to be weaker even in the 6-10 rankings, wheras in past years, they've had solid teams in the lower part of the top 10

 

Who you calling "mediocre" Willis???? :rolleyes:;) This is not the same Raceland team as in past years, hopefully we can adjust your assessment some come playoff time???

I was commending him on stirring the pot. It has made for an entertaining thread.;)

 

Back on the subject of traveling to Belfry and the effects. We used to have to make that trip every other year. I have been there many times as a player, a coach, and a fan. I can honestly tell you that the trip never effected the outcome of the contest.

 

Could someone that took that trip and played in a big game come to my defense here a little???? If you are someone proned to motion sickness it would have to. ANYONE?????:irked: For you personally it might not have been a problem and I'm sure it would never be stated as the reason for a loss but still, come on.

I might actually agree with you for once!!! Stats aren't everything, many people would say that da Bulldawgs had a tendency to run up scores and pad stats in their heyday!!!(Sorry Coach Parker!!) I still think that Kasey will have an impact at the D-I level potentially but I think it will be on the defensive side of the ball. Matt Thomas' potential on paper seems to be uncontestable both in B-ball and F-ball but unfortunately up until this sat. it has been on display very infrequently. I think the Arliss/Thomas comparision might be a stretch and the West/Clark comparision is a big stretch(McGlone rarely/if ever runs up the score for the sake of 1 person). As far as good banter, "throw it around" discussion I agree!!:thumb:

 

I agree with you that Beach and West were both much better backs than Thomas and Clark. But I was trying to make the distinction between a GREAT high school player and another great high school player who has potential to get better, while some might say the other is as good as he will ever be right now.

These arguments can be fruitless and speculative, but fun nevertheless. How about someone figure out some set of criterion we could go by, and then apply it to this season....

 

If someone can figure out a satisfactory criteria, it would be the first time in more than 4 years of being a member here.

...

 

I don't know exactly what criteria we would need, but I can assure you that no one with a brain would consider using the Cantrall ratings for anything other than wiping their backsides.

 

After all these years (and God only knows, there have been a lot of them), I think Dave Cantrall must use some combination of dart board, spinning wheel, blindfold, and and dice to come up with those ratings. I'm not certain, but I'd guess that he also formulates his ratings in a cave on an island off the southern coast of France, far away from any source of scoreboard listing weekly outcomes of games in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.

 

No offense to Dave Cantrall, of course....

 

 

Frances

I only saw West only one time but I far as Russell is concerned, Kasey is the better back for their system in my opinion.

To be honest I don't think it would have been a "good game" to schedule until this year. Had they played before the merger it would have been Danville most every year and maybe very lopsided. They already played Harrodsburg because of their District obligations and adding Mercer would have been nothing to gain for the Ads.

 

That said, I look for them to schedule each other in the future and it will become a good local rivalry. Boyle picked up Mercer because they had a contract with Harrodsburg and it was just as easy to slide Mercer in that slot as it was to have Harrodsburg on it.

My comment wasn't aimed at Danville, but more at a guy that is apparently a Mercer fan who seemed to be ripping on Danville just a bit.

 

Danville is playing North Oldham, though ... not much help there, either. There's no reason they could have had Mercer on the schedule, if the Scotties/Titans had been willing.

I agree with you that Beach and West were both much better backs than Thomas and Clark. But I was trying to make the distinction between a GREAT high school player and another great high school player who has potential to get better, while some might say the other is as good as he will ever be right now.

I don't think much better would be the term I would use. Clark is a better all around player than west. If you don't think so go back to the interception that should have resulted in a game winning field goal last week.

I don't think much better would be the term I would use. Clark is a better all around player than west. If you don't think so go back to the interception that should have resulted in a game winning field goal last week.

 

Your entitled to that opinion, but I'll take West.

Your entitled to that opinion, but I'll take West.

 

You heard it here 1st!! GIAT is taking Portsmouth West this week vs his beloved TomCAts!!! Unbelieveable!!!:ylsuper: ;) :confused: Must believe there will be a letdown after the big win this past sat.

 

:dancingpa

Your entitled to that opinion, but I'll take West.

Take whoever you want.

You heard it here 1st!! GIAT is taking Portsmouth West this week vs his beloved TomCAts!!! Unbelieveable!!!:ylsuper: ;) :confused: Must believe there will be a letdown after the big win this past sat.

 

:dancingpa

Now thats funny.:laugh: :thumb:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.