Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Class 2-A Weak?

Featured Replies

I have suspected all year that Class 2-A is the weakest in the Commonwealth in regard to its top teams. The Lexington Herald-Leader ratings seem to back that up. Its top 25 is made up of 15 Class 4-A teams, 7 Class 3-A teams, 3 Class A teams, and 0 Class 2-A teams.

 

That is interesting and, from results to date, probably correct.

  • Replies 176
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have suspected all year that Class 2-A is the weakest in the Commonwealth in regard to its top teams. The Lexington Herald-Leader ratings seem to back that up. Its top 25 is made up of 15 Class 4-A teams, 7 Class 3-A teams, 3 Class A teams, and 0 Class 2-A teams.

 

That is interesting and, from results to date, probably correct.

If you are basing this on the Cantrell rankings then you need to come up with a better measuring stick.

2A is always the weakest class.

Mercer Co., Belfry, Russell, usually Ft. Campbell and Owensboro Catholic, Newport! 2A top to bottom is as strong as any class in the state. Remember how everyone thought NewCath was the greatest, they were beaten by Belfry this season. I think the top 3 teams in 2A are 3 of the best 10 teams in the state! JMO!

It has always been percieved that 1A was stronger than 2A because of Bechwood and Danville at the top of the 1A rankings. Those are not your typical 1A teams. Anybody that thinks 1A is stronger than 2A top to bottom is mistaken.

I agree. Trigg Co. soundly beat Madisonville-North Hopkins. Granted, not a powerhouse in 4A, but still. 26-6

 

Belfry beat the defending 1A champs. Mercer DESTROYED LCA.

 

2a might usually deserve some scrutiny, but if you are calling it thus far, it is baseless.

Mercer Co., Belfry, Russell, usually Ft. Campbell and Owensboro Catholic, Newport! 2A top to bottom is as strong as any class in the state. Remember how everyone thought NewCath was the greatest, they were beaten by Belfry this season. I think the top 3 teams in 2A are 3 of the best 10 teams in the state! JMO!

 

Whoa, Blue Blazer, that is some statement.

 

I agree with your 2A vs 1A comparisons. But those teams would stand little chance in 3A and no chance in 4A.

2A is always the weakest class.

 

The #19 ranked team in 2A beat the #19 ranked team in 1A by a score of 48-14. The #6 ranked team in 2A lost to the #3 ranked 1A team but beat the #14 ranked 4A team(who is ranked #23 in the entire state).

 

What does the above mean..................about as much as the Cantrell ratings.

Watusi, you agree with MY 1A vs 2A comments.

 

Blue Blazer, perhaps 2a is a strong as you say, but lets let it play out a bit. IMO, there can be no denial that 2a has looked quite good to this point in the season.

 

Trigg Co has been the surprise team, running the ball with Curtis Higgins!!! But IMO, Belfry defeating the defending champs NCC, makes it clear that 1a and 2a are very close. Could 1a (at the top) be better? Sure. But it certainly isn't closed for debate.

 

I would take: Mercer Co., Russell, Belfry, Trigg Co, and Co. against the top 1a schools. Someone make the comparison.. It will be interesting

When Belfry had thunder and lightening of Jones and Howard and I watched Howard plow over my brother and I remember that Semi-Finals game at the Vipp and just praying get up man get up please! I thought that Belfry was undoubtably the best team in the state in any class! So each class has their years so to speak!

I have suspected all year that Class 2-A is the weakest in the Commonwealth in regard to its top teams. The Lexington Herald-Leader ratings seem to back that up. Its top 25 is made up of 15 Class 4-A teams, 7 Class 3-A teams, 3 Class A teams, and 0 Class 2-A teams.

 

That is interesting and, from results to date, probably correct.

 

 

Those ratings are hogwash. They are every year. I don't see how they even print those ratings. Every year they are off base. 2A is not weak. Russell, Mercer, Belfry, Newport, Trigg, Ft. Campbell, Corbin, Middlesboro, ect. I think I've proven my point.

2A is always the weakest class.

 

 

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Are you serious? I hope not.

Those ratings are hogwash. They are every year. I don't see how they even print those ratings. Every year they are off base. 2A is not weak. Russell, Mercer, Belfry, Newport, Trigg, Ft. Campbell, Corbin, Middlesboro, ect. I think I've proven my point.

:thumb: I'm glad you jumped in I knew I would leave some deserving teams out of the picture!

Since when hasn't 2-A been the weakest??

I have suspected all year that Class 2-A is the weakest in the Commonwealth in regard to its top teams. The Lexington Herald-Leader ratings seem to back that up. Its top 25 is made up of 15 Class 4-A teams, 7 Class 3-A teams, 3 Class A teams, and 0 Class 2-A teams.

 

That is interesting and, from results to date, probably correct.

 

Interesting. Historically 2A is the weakest class, but there are very solid teams in 2A. Watusi is right in saying that the top 2A teams would have little chance in 3A and no chance on 4A.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.