Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Class 2-A Weak?

Featured Replies

It would be a great game, and the lack of such prompts a question: Why wasn't Danville already on Mercer's schedule, especially given their close proximity to each other? Given the Admirals' history, I doubt that they've been ducking Mercer.

 

To be honest I don't think it would have been a "good game" to schedule until this year. Had they played before the merger it would have been Danville most every year and maybe very lopsided. They already played Harrodsburg because of their District obligations and adding Mercer would have been nothing to gain for the Ads.

 

That said, I look for them to schedule each other in the future and it will become a good local rivalry. Boyle picked up Mercer because they had a contract with Harrodsburg and it was just as easy to slide Mercer in that slot as it was to have Harrodsburg on it.

  • Replies 176
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1A, 3A, 4A are all stronger than 1A IMHO!!! Sorry Multi Colored Blazer!!!:sleep: Can't wait for Cubster to chime in.:rolleyes: Belfrey over NCC- sorry its an anomaly-that trip is a killer. I know, because I went to the "Twisted Gun" golf course on a a van last year!!! I wanted to throwup for 2 days!!!:creepy:

 

I pretty much think WVA boy has no clue on how hard the trip was to Belfry for NCC (learn to spell it please) They pretty much never had to get on a 2 lane road til the last part of the trip, and they played a good game as well, that long trip sure didn't effect then when they came and played Pikeville in 05' did it? Give credit where credit is due, Belfry sent NCC packing back to NKY with a loss, end of story, come up with better excuses next time. There is never an excuse for a loss, the best team on that night will win and thats all there is to it. I don't think you would have heard Belfry complaining about the trip if NCC would have beaten them in Newport? Belfry is too classy to complain about something that like that.

In all fairness Old Rambler that could be said in all classes of football! Class A,2A,3A, and 4A, all have excellent teams and they all have really weak teams too! Again that Belfry team of 2004 , could beat anybody I've never seen a High School team so good and I saw the state championships last season!

You are correct Blue Blazer in that all classes have weak teams and excellent teams. The Belfry team of 2004 I have to agree could play and compete with anyone. Russell and Belfry are always very good and can compete with anyone anywhere. I was speaking of the overall picture in AA, it seems (to me anyway) to be pretty weak aside from the teams I mentioned plus a few others. Overall I beieve that it is weak. That is all I was saying.

  • Author

I thought the ratings in the H-L were interesting. If you reread my original post, I was referring to the alleged top teams in each class and not the classes from top to bottom. Obviously some of those small Class A schools have very weak teams. Could Russell, Belfry, Owensboro Catholic , et als. beat Highlands, CovCath, LexCath, et als.? In reality, never. Could they beat X, T, Male, et als? Ridiculous question. Could they beat Danville, Beechwood, et als.? Maybe and maybe not. A lot would depend on where the games are played.

 

Now, before I offend DEVILPRIDE78 again, let me say that I travelled to Papa John Stadium on that cold, rainy day last year to root for Russell against Owensboro Catholic. It was also at Henry Evans to root your boys to victory against Belfry. I hope to have the opportunity to return for the same purpose this year.

 

On the other hand, regardless of how the season plays out, GIAT and his colleagues have bragging rights. Even another state championship on Red Devil Lane will not change that. That is just how it works around here. Am I correct, GIAT?

I pretty much think WVA boy has no clue on how hard the trip was to Belfry for NCC (learn to spell it please) They pretty much never had to get on a 2 lane road til the last part of the trip, and they played a good game as well, that long trip sure didn't effect then when they came and played Pikeville in 05' did it? Give credit where credit is due, Belfry sent NCC packing back to NKY with a loss, end of story, come up with better excuses next time. There is never an excuse for a loss, the best team on that night will win and thats all there is to it. I don't think you would have heard Belfry complaining about the trip if NCC would have beaten them in Newport? Belfry is too classy to complain about something that like that.

 

Geesh your guys are being a little harsh!!!:cry: Its a long way, I've taken the trip before 4-lane, 2-lane, 0-lane its a tough trip!! Maybe that why Belfrey lost to Ashland??? Logistics make road games tough and I'm just saying it is even more so when you take the far eastern part of KY in consideration.

BTW I'll come up with alot more lame excuses than that before the years over. :thumb:

 

1A, 3A, 4A, and the New 5A, 6A are all stronger than 2A:fire:

 

My fault on the "E" I'll use it for another lame "E"xcuse!!;)

I thought the ratings in the H-L were interesting. If you reread my original post, I was referring to the alleged top teams in each class and not the classes from top to bottom. Obviously some of those small Class A schools have very weak teams. Could Russell, Belfry, Owensboro Catholic , et als. beat Highlands, CovCath, LexCath, et als.? In reality, never. Could they beat X, T, Male, et als? Ridiculous question. Could they beat Danville, Beechwood, et als.? Maybe and maybe not. A lot would depend on where the games are played.

 

Now, before I offend DEVILPRIDE78 again, let me say that I travelled to Papa John Stadium on that cold, rainy day last year to root for Russell against Owensboro Catholic. It was also at Henry Evans to root your boys to victory against Belfry. I hope to have the opportunity to return for the same purpose this year.

 

On the other hand, regardless of how the season plays out, GIAT and his colleagues have bragging rights. Even another state championship on Red Devil Lane will not change that. That is just how it works around here. Am I correct, GIAT?

 

Obviously its nice to beat Russell and get the monkey off our backs. But I'm sure Russell will be in the thick of things come playoff time, but at this time they do not look like a team that could make it back to Papa John's, atleast in my opinion.

Geesh your guys are being a little harsh!!!:cry: Its a long way, I've taken the trip before 4-lane, 2-lane, 0-lane its a tough trip!! Maybe that why Belfrey lost to Ashland??? Logistics make road games tough and I'm just saying it is even more so when you take the far eastern part of KY in consideration.

BTW I'll come up with alot more lame excuses than that before the years over. :thumb:

 

1A, 3A, 4A, and the New 5A, 6A are all stronger than 2A:fire:

 

My fault on the "E" I'll use it for another lame "E"xcuse!!

 

WV Boy....Belfry, lost to Ashland because of thier turnovers, not because of some 2 hour trip, Belfry's own mistakes cost them this game, and in the end it was still a great game.

I thought the ratings in the H-L were interesting. If you reread my original post, I was referring to the alleged top teams in each class and not the classes from top to bottom. Obviously some of those small Class A schools have very weak teams. Could Russell, Belfry, Owensboro Catholic , et als. beat Highlands, CovCath, LexCath, et als.? In reality, never. Could they beat X, T, Male, et als? Ridiculous question. Could they beat Danville, Beechwood, et als.? Maybe and maybe not. A lot would depend on where the games are played.

 

Now, before I offend DEVILPRIDE78 again, let me say that I travelled to Papa John Stadium on that cold, rainy day last year to root for Russell against Owensboro Catholic. It was also at Henry Evans to root your boys to victory against Belfry. I hope to have the opportunity to return for the same purpose this year.

 

On the other hand, regardless of how the season plays out, GIAT and his colleagues have bragging rights. Even another state championship on Red Devil Lane will not change that. That is just how it works around here. Am I correct, GIAT?

They haven't had those bragging rights in a few years. Every dog,,, I mean cat,,, has their day. :irked:

 

 

Ashland earned those bragging rights this year and should be congratulated.

 

 

You sure do like to stir things up. :argue: But it has made for an interesting thread.

Obviously its nice to beat Russell and get the monkey off our backs. But I'm sure Russell will be in the thick of things come playoff time, but at this time they do not look like a team that could make it back to Papa John's, atleast in my opinion.

It was getting to be a pretty big monkey for you guys. Russell will be fine. They are working to replace a small but very good group of seniors from last year. Showed mostly on the offensive and defensive line and at LB. This years team, IMO, has more talent than last year. Its just a matter of getting all of the pieces into the right places.

WV Boy....Belfry, lost to Ashland because of thier turnovers, not because of some 2 hour trip, Belfry's own mistakes cost them this game, and in the end it was still a great game.

 

Your observations and game analysis are very astute!!! I STILL SAY THAT THE TRIP HAS TO TAKE SOMETHING OUT OF YOU EITHER WAY!! :thumb:

I like to see a breakdown of results of teams travel that distance when they travel the night before or the same day. Did NCC come up to Pikeville the night before in playoffs??? BTW I'm sure this is one of those "agree to disagree" things and I'm sure a coach would not make this into an objective sticking point-I'm just saying the effect on some of the kids has to be considerable. I hope you and FBall have wonderful days!!:ylsuper:

  • Author

Thank you. FBALL, and I hope that Russell has suffered its last defeat for the year. My purpose was to promote discussion and it seems to have worked. How about another discussion as to which player, Clark or Thomas, has the most potential at the next level? I'll take Thomas.

It was getting to be a pretty big monkey for you guys. Russell will be fine. They are working to replace a small but very good group of seniors from last year. Showed mostly on the offensive and defensive line and at LB. This years team, IMO, has more talent than last year. Its just a matter of getting all of the pieces into the right places.

 

Fball, I really feel Belfry is pretty much in the same postion as Russell in the fact that right now they are just trying to get everything in place and working correctly. As everyone knows Belfry and Russell both are great teams even when they are working the kinks out, I for one know Belfry has great potential this year and will be very good come November, as we here on Pond Creek know Russell will be too at that time this year.

Thank you. FBALL, and I hope that Russell has suffered its last defeat for the year. My purpose was to promote discussion and it seems to have worked. How about another discussion as to which player, Clark or Thomas, has the most potential at the next level? I'll take Thomas.

 

If Matt can run like that every week then the sky is the limit. Comparing Clark and Thomas is like comparing Michael West and Arliss Beach. West had a better high school career, but Beach had more potential at the next level. College scouts knew this and it proved to be true even thought West had one of the greatest statistical careers for any RB ever in KY. Clark will more than likely have the better high school career, but Matt probably has more potential at the next level.....

If Matt can run like that every week then the sky is the limit. Comparing Clark and Thomas is like comparing Michael West and Arliss Beach. West had a better high school career, but Beach had more potential at the next level. College scouts knew this and it proved to be true even thought West had one of the greatest statistical careers for any RB ever in KY. Clark will more than likely have the better high school career, but Matt probably has more potential at the next level.....

 

I might actually agree with you for once!!! Stats aren't everything, many people would say that da Bulldawgs had a tendency to run up scores and pad stats in their heyday!!!(Sorry Coach Parker!!) I still think that Kasey will have an impact at the D-I level potentially but I think it will be on the defensive side of the ball. Matt Thomas' potential on paper seems to be uncontestable both in B-ball and F-ball but unfortunately up until this sat. it has been on display very infrequently. I think the Arliss/Thomas comparision might be a stretch and the West/Clark comparision is a big stretch(McGlone rarely/if ever runs up the score for the sake of 1 person). As far as good banter, "throw it around" discussion I agree!!:thumb:

  • Author

I agree. It is not realistic to expect Matt to perform each week as he did against Russell. However, whether he does or not, I believe he clearly has more college potential than does Clark.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.