Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Class 2-A Weak?

Featured Replies

:rolleyes: That's why you don't coach football! Matter of fact how did your team do Friday? Ashland hater on the hardwood, but you sure are a Tomcat on the gridiron! Your post never seem to amaze me does scooterbob mean you scoot to a school or team or player you like that particular year!:D Maybe when Kasey signs D-1 you can hop on the bandwagon we got some room for you there SB:thumb:

Tell you what BB, you can hack on Scooter all you like, perhaps his team is playing on Tuesday at your place against your 7th grade, come on out and support your 7th grade devils against Scooter's 7th grade Royals.

 

And he openly says he roots for Russell, you did read that part didn't you?

  • Replies 176
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest difference that I noticed in Clark and Thomas last Friday was that Clark wanted everyone to notice him, often standing by himself out of huddles, taking his helmet off after a score, he appeared to have forgotten that football is 11 on 11 and Thomas never indicated that he placed his worth greater than the team. Clark is the hardest runner in the area no doubt, I hope that his attitude is not a cancer as Russell tries to repeat.

  • Author

Thank you, spindoc. I do, indeed root for Russell in Class AA. However, as you noted, I will not be a Russellite next Tuesday when Bush's Bashers take on Russell.

 

I suppose that, to his delight, old scooterbob has been accused of most everything at one time or another on BGP. Now, he has come full circle and been called an Ashland fan. I'll bet that will come as a surprise to GIAT and the other Ashland partisans but old scooterbob accepts the charge with a smile.

 

Nevertheless, at the next level, I'll still take Thomas and McDavid over Clark and I'll still bet most football coaches would do the same. I base this conclusion on the feeling that Clark has reached his peak. The other two have not- particularly Thomas. But remember, opinions are a dime a dozen and I am just expressing my ten cents worth.

Thank you, spindoc. I do, indeed root for Russell in Class AA. However, as you noted, I will not be a Russellite next Tuesday when Bush's Bashers take on Russell.

 

I suppose that, to his delight, old scooterbob has been accused of most everything at one time or another on BGP. Now, he has come full circle and been called an Ashland fan. I'll bet that will come as a surprise to GIAT and the other Ashland partisans but old scooterbob accepts the charge with a smile.

 

Nevertheless, at the next level, I'll still take Thomas and McDavid over Clark and I'll still bet most football coaches would do the same. I base this conclusion on the feeling that Clark has reached his peak. The other two have not- particularly Thomas. But remember, opinions are a dime a dozen and I am just expressing my ten cents worth.

:rolleyes: Your opinion is on record thanks for your 2 cents worth! However I'd say that Cincinnatti,Illinois, and Arkansas all disagree with you!;)

The biggest difference that I noticed in Clark and Thomas last Friday was that Clark wanted everyone to notice him, often standing by himself out of huddles, taking his helmet off after a score, he appeared to have forgotten that football is 11 on 11 and Thomas never indicated that he placed his worth greater than the team. Clark is the hardest runner in the area no doubt, I hope that his attitude is not a cancer as Russell tries to repeat.

Sad your post is so sad!:cry: Let's remeber who has a state championship!Cancers don't win state! RH supporters can tell you that!

  • Author

Could be, Blue Blazer. From the looks of your Wildcats last Sunday, it would appear that running help, among other things, is needed in Lexington. Honestly, I believe Morehead or, possibly, Marshall would be a better venue. I'm not being critical of Clark. I'm merely trying to be realistic as to his best college "fit". I don't see him, or Thomas or McDavid for that matter, thriving in the SEC, Big East, or Big 10. Of course, that is merely a 10 cent (remember inflation) opinion.

 

Good to see your amusing cut at Rose Hill. It had to come sooner or later, didn't it?

:rolleyes: Your opinion is on record thanks for your 2 cents worth! However I'd say that Cincinnatti,Illinois, and Arkansas all disagree with you!;)

 

Clark will have a nice college career wherever he plays. But UK and UofL agree with scooterbob about McDavid.

Thank you, spindoc. I do, indeed root for Russell in Class AA. However, as you noted, I will not be a Russellite next Tuesday when Bush's Bashers take on Russell.

 

I suppose that, to his delight, old scooterbob has been accused of most everything at one time or another on BGP. Now, he has come full circle and been called an Ashland fan. I'll bet that will come as a surprise to GIAT and the other Ashland partisans but old scooterbob accepts the charge with a smile.

 

Nevertheless, at the next level, I'll still take Thomas and McDavid over Clark and I'll still bet most football coaches would do the same. I base this conclusion on the feeling that Clark has reached his peak. The other two have not- particularly Thomas. But remember, opinions are a dime a dozen and I am just expressing my ten cents worth.

 

:lol: :thumb:

Sad your post is so sad!:cry: Let's remeber who has a state championship!Cancers don't win state! RH supporters can tell you that!

What is that?

...

 

My point is that year in, year out, 2-A has consistantly been the weakest class. The top 1-A teams (Beechwood, NCC, Danville, etc.) consistantly are much better than their 2-A counterparts; and 2-A vs. the larger classes is an even worse comparison!!

 

 

No... you're just repeating the "commonly held perception".

 

It is a FACT that in 2003 and 2004 2A had the BEST out-of-class record among the four classes in Kentucky. Does this necessarily mean 2A is better than 3A and 4A ? Of course not. However it MUST mean 2A was better than 1A. The only case this wouldn't be true is if 1A was better than 3A and/or 4A in those two seasons.

 

Now, if you want to isolate your argument to "top 5" (or fewer), that's fine and is a matter of opinion. HOWEVER, don't make that particular case then generalize with a conclusion that "2-A has consistantly been the weakest class". That, my friend, is a generalization that you're applying to an ENTIRE classes.

 

:sssh: ;)

Sad your post is so sad!:cry: Let's remeber who has a state championship!Cancers don't win state! RH supporters can tell you that!

I wish the best for Mr. Clark, I said I think that no one around here runs harder. I just hope that my perception of what I witnessed on the football field and what I witnessed on the basketball court last year do no hinder this young man's pursuit of his dreams. I do not question his physical ablility. I think that if possible to watch footage of the pregame of Ashland and Russell this year and last you would notice a difference in his behavior. Pride cometh before desstruction and an haughty spirit before a fall.

:lol: :thumb:

You change QB favorites like a polygamist changes wives!!!Your Warren Jefs for TomCat quarterbacks.:lol: :scared: Someone get a restraining order!!!

I think it is time we get back to the topic.

 

Let's confine this discussion to CLASS 2A and not make it about certain players.

Clark will have a nice college career wherever he plays. But UK and UofL agree with scooterbob about McDavid.

With UKs history of football and for that matter U of L's until the last few years. I think UC, Illinois and Arkansas would be were I would place my faith as judges of talent.

If we are having a discussion about the strength of classes, what will next year be like.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.