Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Class 2-A Weak?

Featured Replies

It would be a great game, and the lack of such prompts a question: Why wasn't Danville already on Mercer's schedule, especially given their close proximity to each other? Given the Admirals' history, I doubt that they've been ducking Mercer.

 

It's probably the fact that Mercer traditionally hasn't been able to compete with Danville and since the merger was unexpected Danville chose not to waste their time on a subpar game.

  • Replies 176
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I heard about the scrimmage between Danville and Mercer, it wasn't a game to miss. Buffalo Gap is correct in saying the teams wont play because of the friendship between both Sam Harp and Marty Jaggers, but indeed it would be a great game if they ever decided to change there minds.

:D

Scooterbob, Trying to get under everyones skin. FBALL don't get caught up in it we all know who has the ring and has proven over a career and not 1 game. Anybody in the Ashland area that starts a H.S. fantasy team would start with Clark as the overall # 1 pick. Scootebob, check out the cover of the preview! I got one if you need it! Anyway to get back to the point 2A is just as strong as any other class top to bottom!BTW Ashland knew Clark was getting the ball and where he was going and still rushed for 167 and 2 td's and he also scored a 3rd that was called back for a penalty that didn't effect the run which would have given him 217 yards and 3 TD's he still had more than Thomas's 1 TD. Plus the interception late int the game each lost a fumble ,still fantasy score advantage Clark!!!

 

 

The Blue Blazer and Fantasy???? How appropriate!!:D Maybe when the multi-color Blazer grows up he can actually become Kasey Clark!!! :eek: We get to see the cover quite often, especially on threads that generally contain you as well. :thumb:

:D

 

 

The Blue Blazer and Fantasy???? How appropriate!!:D Maybe when the multi-color Blazer grows up he can actually become Kasey Clark!!! :eek: We get to see the cover quite often, especially on threads that generally contain you as well. :thumb:

Will Clark finish the season?

Will Clark finish the season?

Are you referring to him quitting the basketball team? I doubt you will see the same in football. He knows he is the BMOC with regards to football, he obviously was not in basketball.

  • Author

I'll continue to root for Russell in Class 2A but I will still take Thomas over Clark for the next level. The truth is, I would also take McDavid over Clark. I would venture to say that most college football coaches would do the same. I hope Clark leads Russell to another championship but I don't see him excelling at the college level- particularly at a D1 school.

I agree. I was at the Boyle/Danville game and I was very impressed with the Rebel Rushing defense. They contained Danville. But, I think Boyle had better be prepared for Mercer as well. Mercer is far from one dimensional. Coach Jaggers will run the ball til you show you can stop it. Mercer (Harrodsburg players included)will never forget the beatings they have tooken from the Rebels the past 8 years. Mercer will be fired up for the Rebels. But that's a topic for friday night after the games are over with.

 

 

They must have some very long memories then. Boyle hasn't played Harrodsburg since 2001 and hasn't played Mercer since 2000. That puts the seniors on this team in 7th grade from Harrodsburg and 8th grade from Mercer.

I'll continue to root for Russell in Class 2A but I will still take Thomas over Clark for the next level. The truth is, I would also take McDavid over Clark. I would venture to say that most college football coaches would do the same. I hope Clark leads Russell to another championship but I don't see him excelling at the college level- particularly at a D1 school.

 

Yipes, McDavid too??? :eek: Not so fast my friends!!!! Actually talent-smalent at this point I would have to still take Clark over both. The "on paper" stuff has its limits. Thomas, up until sat., has been a disappoint to this point in my opinion on both the hardwood and the gridiron. I'm not saying that he cannot post some worthwhile numbers this-his SR. season- but if you would have prognosticated what his numbers would have been after his 8th Grade year over the next 4 years I think most would say they are well-well below that threshold. ;) McDavid, I think any school or coach would love him but purely solid through and through nothing more.(BTW there is nothing wrong with that!!):thumb:

I think college coaches need a combination of overachievers, solid-core 100% guys, and high ceiling but not got there yet people. I think that quandary is a problem for NBA executives all the time - Kwame Brown or Elton Brand type!

 

I would like to end this by saying that all 3 would be welcome to come to my school at any moment.

Yes it is weak and has been weak for many years. I believe some of the top 1A teams could beat any of the top 2a teams in the state. Also most of the elite teams in 2a you never hear about cause they are so far west and not much comes out about them.

So the elite 2A teams are in the west??? Wow I mst have watched the wrong 2A state finals the past three years, I thought the East won all of those??

So the elite 2A teams are in the west??? Wow I mst have watched the wrong 2A state finals the past three years, I thought the East won all of those??

Yep, they played in Paducah, they didn't want them to have to drive all the way to Louisville!:rolleyes:

So the elite 2A teams are in the west??? Wow I mst have watched the wrong 2A state finals the past three years, I thought the East won all of those??

 

You are quick and your witticism is sharp!!!:thumb:

If Matt can run like that every week then the sky is the limit. Comparing Clark and Thomas is like comparing Michael West and Arliss Beach. West had a better high school career, but Beach had more potential at the next level. College scouts knew this and it proved to be true even thought West had one of the greatest statistical careers for any RB ever in KY. Clark will more than likely have the better high school career, but Matt probably has more potential at the next level.....

 

He should be able to if the line can block like that the rest of the year...;)

I'll continue to root for Russell in Class 2A but I will still take Thomas over Clark for the next level. The truth is, I would also take McDavid over Clark. I would venture to say that most college football coaches would do the same. I hope Clark leads Russell to another championship but I don't see him excelling at the college level- particularly at a D1 school.

:rolleyes: That's why you don't coach football! Matter of fact how did your team do Friday? Ashland hater on the hardwood, but you sure are a Tomcat on the gridiron! Your post never seem to amaze me does scooterbob mean you scoot to a school or team or player you like that particular year!:D Maybe when Kasey signs D-1 you can hop on the bandwagon we got some room for you there SB:thumb:

:rolleyes: That's why you don't coach football! Matter of fact how did your team do Friday? Ashland hater on the hardwood, but you sure are a Tomcat on the gridiron! Your post never seem to amaze me does scooterbob mean you scoot to a school or team or player you like that particular year!:D Maybe when Kasey signs D-1 you can hop on the bandwagon we got some room for you there SB:thumb:

 

You guys could exchange T-shirts!! Scooterbob needs various ones so he can cheer for former RH players and we already know about the "Multicolored Blazer" and his multitude of allegiances!!!!:thumb: :ylsuper:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.